Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Fun with Sunscreen Lotion

I put Ben & Ella down for a nap around 1:15 or so. I expect playing for a little while but eventually, they fall asleep. Not so much today. I would hear giggles, then screams, so I'd go check on them. Most times, it was because they were fighting over a toy or a doll. Well, one time, it wasn't that. Around 2:30 or so, I hear screaming and so I go check (all the while, I'm trying to take a little rest myself - I'm exhausted and not feeling so well). I open the door and see that they had found some sunscreen lotion (I think from one of our diaper bags/backpacks) and had smeared it all over themselves. It doesn't look like any got in the eye or mouth, but I suppose I don't know for sure. So I had to take them out and give them a bath, change the sheets of the one bed covered in lotion. After the bath, I tried to get them to take a nap again. It just wasn't happening today so they came out of their room about 3:15 for good. And no, I didn't take a picture though I should have.

Guess what they are doing now - napping. It is now 6:08 p.m. here and Ella started to fall asleep on the floor so I took her to her bed and then Benjamin (while screaming - he wanted to go outside). I'm going to have to wake them up soon so they will go to bed at a decent hour and have dinner at a decent hour unlike last night when they didn't have dinner until 8 b/c I wasn't feeling well, then Jon took them outside while dinner was baking. The kids insisted on walking, so he took them to the park and I had to go rescue him otherwise, they would have been at the park until they wanted to fall asleep and well, I don't think Jon would have liked to carry two sleepy toddlers all the way home while carrying an infant in a Bjorn. I stayed at home b/c I wasn't feeling so great. I think I'm not feeling well b/c of my incredible exhaustion not because of a bug. Nicholas has decided to go back to waking every 3-4 hours - he had been going 5-6 hours.

I really, really wish that I could have someone come help me one day a week so I can feel like I can take a nap - I feel as if I need to get things done while Nicholas naps (and the twins if they are here) because I can't get it done while they are awake. The person that helped us last time once a week (MIL) is for some unclear reason not able to come help or something. I don't know. I wish I knew what was going on there.

Anyway, that's all. I'm off to go make dinner and have it all ready by the time the twins get up, so they can eat, then go play outside for a while and then go to bed at a decent time. Contrary to what you may think, having them go to bed later does not mean that they will wake up later.

Actually, one last thing, what does one get their childcare provider/preschool teacher for childcare appreciation day (which is apparently tomorrow and my daycare is taking the day off - I do not remember them doing this last year but they said it is in their policy and I don't know where I put that).

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    That story is hilarious. Marshall and Roslind are starting to get into everything and their favorite thing is to climb on top of the living room table and dance. Oh boy!!!! I have the greatest image in my head from that story.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    Gift cards to the local bookstore always make me happy as an educator!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home