Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Church and Talking

This past weekend, we were invited to join a friend of ours at a church nearby her house (and right across the street from where some friends used to live). The service started at 10 a.m., so I was a little anxious about it because it was around the time Ben & Ella usually take a nap and well, I didn't know anyone.

We took Ben & Ella to the nursery so they could play or take a nap if they wanted to. At first, Ella wasn't letting us leave, but one of the teachers there came and took Ella and calmed her down. They gave us a pager and we went on our way to the service.

About 5 minutes or so into the service, the pager starts to beep. So I walk back to the nursery (and right before the pager started beeping, I was telling Jon I wanted to go check on them - I hate leaving them when they are upset like that). When I got there, they told me everything was o.k. The pager must have been malfunctioning. But Benjamin saw me and it was all over. He wasn't going to let me leave. So I picked him up and rocked him in the one of the chairs. He eventually fell asleep.

During this time, Ella was with the teacher and the teacher was telling her the Noah's Ark story complete with props. Ella loves books, so she seemed quite entertained. Eventually, she got tired though and she wanted to be snuggled too. I couldn't take her because I had Benjamin and I was afraid moving him would wake him up, so the teacher rocked her - though Ella wanted me - it was so hard to see her with those huge tears coming out and looking at me like she was saying "don't you love me anymore?". UGH!

She did calm down until her brother woke up - so I sat them both down gave them their milk. Shortly thereafter, the service was over and we all went out to brunch. We may go back there. Everyone seemed really nice there. I'm still a little anxious about it being their naptime though. I'm wondering when they will outgrow their need for a morning nap.

____________________________________________________

And Ella, lately, has become quite the talker. We have heard her say "did it" when she goes down the slide at home. And she also says "Whee!" when she goes down the slide. I've heard her say something like "here you go" when handing somebody something. I could have sworn the other day she said Cheerio and Jon think she said it yesterday morning combined with "uh oh" probably when she was dropping the Cheerio onto the floor. She has said "shoe" once that I know of. I'm sure there are others (besides the ones I've mentioned in previous posts). I know she understands a lot more words, as does Benjamin, then she says. Oh, she has said "hi" and, of course, "no".

After eating, we do have her help us clean up the mess she made. She puts the Cheerios into a bowl (occasionally sneaking one to eat it). She also helps by taking dirty diapers to the trash.

Benjamin says a few things here and there, but nothing I really understand except for dada and momma. He did say Ella once and book, but I haven't heard it since. He does sit down and "read" a book - much like Ella does too. He will also help with taking the dirty diapers to the trash. He is still working on his walking. He will fall down and I think then loses some confidence that he had, but he's getting closer. He has become very clingy to me the past few days. Usually, when we get home, I go and change into some comfy clothes while the twins play or follow me into the bedroom. But last night, he wouldn't let me unless I carried him into the bedroom and even then, he was not happy with me putting him down.

Anyway, this is getting long so that will be all for now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home