Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 05, 2008

2nd Trimester

Today is the first day of the 2nd trimester. For the most part, the nausea has subsided, but it will creep up again when I brush my teeth. I hate brushing or flossing my teeth these days. Going to the dentist will be a hoot, I'm sure. I'm supposed to do that on the 29th, but I may have to cancel because the daycare will be closed all that week so I might have to take some time off unless Jon's mom will watch them for a few days out of that week. I'm hoping to save as much time for my maternity leave next year.

Anyway, things are going well with the pregnancy as far as I know. I don't see my OB until the 26th - feels like a lifetime from now. I'm so incredibly anxious that at any moment something will go wrong. I hate feeling like this, but I can't seem to turn it off.

Speaking my OB, she called me the other day. I didn't hear my phone ring so she left a message. She is so sweet. She called to congratulate us (we haven't seen her yet due to that scheduling issue last time) and to say that she's sure we have mixed emotions about this pregnancy - which is so true.

One thing that just popped up is my feelings about my job. I really don't want to work at this job anymore. I was all set to go find something else when I learned I was pregnant. Now I feel stuck in this position for a while - sure, employers can't discriminate against a pregnant woman, but you know they will. Plus, at this job, I get 3 months paid time off - not many places do that. However, sometime next year, I will be looking for something else - possibly on the other side of the state or further south where housing is cheaper.

Anyway, getting back to the good things. I am happy I get to experience pregnancy again and that I will have another child. I'm so excited to meet this little person even more so after being a mother to Ben & Ella. I am very lucky that I got pregnant again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home