Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This morning

Poor Ella. Both babies were playing this morning, but Ella wanted me to pick her up…just as I was leaving. I put on my coat and said see you later. I gave them kisses and headed toward the door. Benjamin smiled up at me. Ella looked up at me with such sadness in her eyes and tears rolling down her cheeks. Do you know how hard it is to leave when you get those kind of looks – a sweet smile from one baby and a sad look from the other?

As I opened the door, Ella moved over to her tummy and got up on her hands and knees ready to crawl over to the door where I was. How I wish I could have gone over to pick her up. I had to leave her with those sad eyes looking up at me and her crying. :-(

Not much else going on. I wish it was time to go home as I really want to snuggle my babies. There have been too many sad stories lately of children being hurt or abandoned that I just want to show them that I love them. I need to stop reading the news (I keep saying this) because it just depresses me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

    Awwww....I know how you feel. It breaks my heart every morning when I have to leave my little guy. Some mornings, he wakes up before I leave, and I take him to bed with Daddy, but he cries and cries, and those little outstretched arms just reaching out for you ......*sniff*....

    Other days, when I leave him off at daycare are like that too. Some days he's fine, others not so much, but he's always so glad to see me when I pick him up! That's the fun part!

    Hope it gets better. People always told me to wait for the point when they don't want to LEAVE THE SITTER. Can't wait for that...lol! :)

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

    Happy 9 month Birthday today....
    When do the babies start to realize you're leaving? Mine aren't to that stage yet.

     
  • At 8:30 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    I KNOW what you mean about the news! What is UP with the news about kids in this area? It's horrible! Ugh - it really does break my heart. Last night, Big and I were listening to the news and he said, "why would someone hit a baby to make them STOP crying? That doesn't make sense." I said, good point. :(

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    Those looks must be heartbreaking some days.

    And the news, seems heartbreaking EVERY day lately!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home