Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 29, 2008

Sick...Again.

It’s been an exhausting couple of days. Both Benjamin and Ella have colds, icky coughs and wheezing. Ella has even thrown up twice in the last couple days. She is probably trying to get that phlegm out of her. Poor babies. Now I have what they have. I went to acupuncture this morning and I fell asleep! I always feel weird falling asleep at massages or acupuncture, so I keep myself awake, but I couldn’t help myself this morning.

Anyway, we took Benjamin & Ella to the doctor yesterday. Their oxygen saturation wasn’t above 95% and they did have something going on in their lungs, so they had us give them use a nebulizer for a while to help with the congestion. It definitely helped Benjamin – it got his up to 98% from 93%. Ella got hers up to 96% but not before we had a little scare when the doctor said it was 85% (which is when we’d need to take her to the ER), but luckily, it was just the machine being finicky and it went up to 96%. We were given a nebulizer to take home and a prescription for the medication. It seems to be helping. I stayed at home with them yesterday, but they went to daycare today (I needed to finish something at work as did Jon) though I may end up leaving work early (I hope). Not surprisingly, the two other girls there today also had bad coughs like Benjamin & Ella. I wonder where they got their colds from…

Another part of the doctor visit that worries me is that Ella weighed just a little over 16 pounds (didn’t catch the exact weight) – that’s what she weighed at their 6 month checkup. I’m hoping it’s because she’s sick and hasn’t been eating really well that that is the reason she’s at 16 pounds. A friend of mine told me her 1 year old just had the flu and lost a couple pounds during that time so that probably is the reason.

Benjamin weighed 22 pounds though I could have sworn he weighed more. Perhaps their scale is wrong and that’s why Ella was only 16 pounds and Benjamin only 22 (only!) :-D (he was 19 lbs 5 ounces at the 6 month checkup). Our stupid scale at home needs a new battery, so I can’t weigh them at home. I don’t know when I’m going to go in search of a new battery. It has to be one of those kind of batteries I don’t have, nor would I have in abundant supply.

Well, that’s about it for now. I’m hoping everyone feels good by this weekend so we can still go to our playdate on Sunday, but I don’t know if that’s going to happen. :-(

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

    Ugh, sorry that the kiddos are sick. I don't know how many times we had to use the nebulizer on D his first year. It was alot. But thank god we had it. Hopefully they continue to do well with the treatments and get better soon.

    If it makes you feel any better about the weight thing, D is almost 17 1/2 months and he's just around 21 lbs. It seemed like when he was doing good and gaining weight, sickness would hit again, and he'd not eat as well, so then he'd lose some. I think your kids are pretty good for their age imo. :)

    Hopefully everyone gets to feeling better this weekend!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home