Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas & 6 month checkup!

The Friday before Christmas and I am not ready at all. Hopefully, I’ll be able to finish everything up tomorrow. Unfortunately, I need to come into work for a few hours on Monday to make up some time for last week when I stayed home sick when I didn’t have any sick time. At least, I don’t have to stay the whole day. Thankfully, my mother-in-law agreed to watch the babies for me for those few hours. The daycare is closed.

I’m so excited for the babies’ first Christmas! I got them presents and stockings. My boss made them stockings too and gave them presents. She made the stockings – so sweet of her! She is so crafty. She also made these wonderful scrapbooks for the babies that she gave to me at my baby shower back in April (that I need to get around to putting the photos into).

Ella so much wants to sit up. She’ll lay there and do some stomach crunches. I had read that to help her gain some strength to sit up to basically act as her trainer and hold on to her legs so she can lift herself up. I tried that – it didn’t work so well. She will pull herself up by using our hands though. Benjamin still isn’t quite interested in that yet. His thing is to talk and to kick. Ella talks too with her little gurgle talk. Last night, I was changing her diaper and she was cooing and I made a little noise and shook my hair in front of her and she thought that was hilarious! OMG – when the babies laugh, it is the most wonderful sound. I absolutely love it and she was laughing at something I was doing! The next thing I know, we had an audience of my mother-in-law and Jon videoing us. I’ll try to upload this weekend to share (I still need to upload those pictures of their first solid food tasting) – it really is cute. Speaking of solid food tasting, Benjamin is doing really well at it and seems to enjoy it quite a bit. Ella is slowly getting the hang of it.

Another cute thing that Ella has started to do lately is when she’s excited, she flap her arms up and down like she’s getting ready to take off. She has a huge smile on her face when she does this. Benjamin will flap one of his arms up and down when he’s excited about a story he’s telling. Have I told you how absolutely in love I am with my babies?

2007 was definitely a wonderful year for us. I look forward to seeing my children grow up.

Before I forget, the babies had their 6 month checkup on Tuesday and here is their info:

Benjamin
19 pounds 5 ounces (I thought for sure he would be over 20) (80th percentile)
28 inches long (93rd percentile)

Ella
16 pounds 2 ounces (55th percentile)25 or 26 inches long (I can’t remember – all the info is at home) (45th percentile)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Heather! Oh my gosh how the time flies! Hope you are getting ready for Christmas. Loved reading about the babies!

    I am back at blogger - couldn't make the switch to wordpress!

    :) Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 7:48 PM , Blogger Kerry Lynn said...

    Holy crap! how do your 6 month olds weigh MORE than my 9 month olds?!?!?! What are you feeding them??? Jackson was 18 lb 12 oz and Madison was 15 lb 8 oz at their 9 month checkup last week!
    Good growing babies!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home