Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 13, 2007

PT & Other Stuff (26 weeks 4 days)

Although my sister already answered the question relating to Tums in my last post, I thought I would just write a quick response in this post. Because of my past history with kidney stones and because of my family’s history with kidney stones and other kidney issues, that is the reason my OB doesn’t want me to take Tums (though sometimes I do anyway because the heartburn is too much and the Zantac doesn’t work fast enough). I’m trying to remember to take the Zantac each night, but I’m also a little nervous to take it though the doctor said it was o.k. I guess I’m nervous it will hurt the babies and I’d rather deal with the heartburn.


Anyway, this morning I went to my first physical therapy appointment (at least, first for the pregnancy). It was a good appointment though I expected more exercising b/c when I last went to physical therapy (for my back way back when in high school), that’s all we did. But this appointment I guess was more for the PT to get a general idea of what the problems are and to give me some general exercises and tips to help with that. We did a few exercises though. After she checked me out and we did some exercises, she mentioned that I am definitely tight in places and I may be starting down the road of separation of my pubic symphysis so she suggested things to help with that. She also said I should get a better support belt to support my belly with beside the one that I have so I guess that’s one thing I will be doing this weekend along with everything else.

This weekend, my husband and I plan to go to the Eastside multiples sale tomorrow morning – I’ve heard it is quite huge so I’m looking forward to seeing what’s there. After that, my husband is going to do some stuff with his family while I go to my friend’s baby shower in the afternoon. She just mentioned to our support group that she’s been put on strict bedrest now (she has been on modified bedrest) – good thing the shower is at her house! I’m looking forward to seeing her and my other support group buddies, including a support group friend who is now 11 weeks pregnant with twins and who I haven’t seen in a long while. After the shower, I’m meeting my husband and my in-laws back at our house for dinner. Jon’s brother and his family are in town so they will be joining us too.

As of right now, there isn’t much going on this Sunday but that could be changing soon. I do need to get back in the baby room and organize some things some more, so hopefully, I’ll have some time to do that. I need to call some more day cares too – though I may not get an answer on a Sunday. Speaking of day cares, Jon and I went to go look at a day care last night that’s a bit further north than the one I looked at on Monday. I did not get a good impression with this one. It seemed disorganized and messy and I was very uncertain as to the whole layout of the place. Plus, we both had a hard time understanding the day care owner because of her heavy accent. So I guess that place is out of consideration.

Well, that’s about it for today. Looking forward to the baby shower tomorrow – I love seeing my support group buddies and for such a wonderful event too! My Seattle shower is taking place on the 28th (at least, that’s the last I heard). I also got an invitation a couple weeks ago for yet another shower that is going on May 5th. This is the time for baby showers, I guess!

Have a great weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday to share the latest ultrasound news!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    Hi,
    Glad to hear things are progressing so well. I co-hosted my sister's baby shower yesterday. We had so much fun!!! Best wishes in finding a suitable daycare. I'm sure that's a hard decision to make:)

     
  • At 7:02 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Hope you had fun at the shower! Looking forward to details yet to come!

     
  • At 12:44 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

    Great to hear that everything is going so well for you--enjoy life now, it is about to become very very busy!! Twins are an amazing experience.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home