Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Anxious & Update (24 weeks 3 days)

I’m a little anxious and concerned today. I haven’t felt the babies move in a while and it is making me anxious. I’m sure they are o.k., but their movements give me some reassurance that everything is truly o.k. so when they don’t move, I start to freak out. My next ultrasound and OB appointment wasn’t supposed to be until April 18, but the OB had to reschedule so now I’m seeing her a day early. I couldn’t get the ultrasound on the same day as she likes so I’m seeing the ultrasound people the day before on the 16th. At least, I get to see them 2 days earlier than expected. I don’t know if I can wait that long though.

Because of the above, I’m finding it hard to concentrate on my work though I still have lots to do. It would be helpful though if people responded to my phone calls and e-mails.

Oh, the Zantac seemed to have worked better last night. I took one before going to bed as that’s when it usually happens and I didn’t wake up to heartburn as usual. So yay! I’m still getting up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom though. Another thing that I’ve forgotten to mention is that my inner thighs are sore – not sure why – I thought maybe it was the pillow between my legs but I took that away and they’re still hurting. Makes it difficult to walk for a little while right after getting up from laying or sitting.

Tonight will be another busy night – Jon and I are going to a breastfeeding class through our hospital. It will be interesting to compare it to the UW one with multiples.

To answer Jaimie’s question from one of my last posts, my parents are doing better. My dad is back to working (though not at his old job as that involved a lot of standing). He lost quite a bit of weight since he’s been out of the hospital, which is good, but at one point the medication they had him was working too well in getting out fluids so he was cramping in his legs – they took him off that medication, I believe. My mom is also doing well – though her kidney doctor was a bit of an ass to her, I think. Just total lack of bedside manner and any tact.

Well, that’s about it for now. Just trying to get through this workday – hopefully, the afternoon goes by quickly!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hang in there. I used to worry a lot when I didn't feel them.

    Now they never stop moving.

     
  • At 10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Some time they like to be still so don't be too worried. Maybe they just found a comfortable spot or something.

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That last comment was me Mooma ( aka Mom)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home