Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Day Care Search & Other Tidbits (25 weeks 2 days)

Well, I’ve called 4 day cares so far (I might call some more during lunch tomorrow). Two of which the people sounded really nice – not that the other two were rude but they basically were telling me it was way too early to call for a day care and said to call a month before I needed the day care – that seems crazy to me. I don’t think they understand how stressed that would make me. The two that sounded nice they said to come on in and take a look and ask questions to see if this would be right place for us. One of the places is really, really close while the other is maybe a mile or so away. The latter one I’m going to go look at on Monday morning while the other one I will need to call on a Friday to come look at the place on the weekend (which seems weird b/c I’d like to look at the place while they have kids there, but I guess if I like it, we can come back while there are kids there).


In other news, my boss just brought in a potential replacement for me while I’m out on leave. This guy worked with us last summer as a temp when one of my coworkers was out on her maternity leave. He had been through infertility treatments before and I got the impression that he didn’t know why we needed a temp again this summer until my boss asked me to stand up and show off my belly. I wasn’t sure how to react to that. I don’t think I would have liked that situation had it happened to me. Currently, this guy and his wife are adopting a child from China and he is just anxious to get a baby – he’s hoping for two babies.

My boss had me go through what I do here and he says that he’s interested in the position so I might be seeing him again to go into more depth about what I do and specifically what still needs to be done when he’s done with his school year in May. Hopefully, they decide to hire him and he decides to come back as everyone here really likes him.

Regarding working from home...I would really love it if my company allowed us to do that. It seems the only ones that are allowed to work away from the office are those who travel a lot or who are higher up in the chain. Of course, that doesn’t mean I won’t try especially if my OB asks me to cut down my hours before the baby comes. I don’t think they would allow it after the baby comes, but who knows.

Regarding having someone come to our house – that would be the best situation. I looked into au pairs a while ago, but I’m just not sure where the au pair would be in our house especially when my brother comes to live with us. Our house isn’t that big. The person could stay in the room downstairs after my brother finds his own place, but the room wouldn’t be that private so I don’t think that would work out too well. I’ve only barely looked at having a nanny come to our house during the day, but it seems like it costs too much. Maybe I will be able to find something by joining the multiples groups in the area – I plan to go to the first year meeting for one of the groups this coming Monday.

Some other tidbits – I worked on my scrapbook some more last night after I got home from meeting with my friend and it is starting to come together though I don’t know if it will be fully done by the time my shower comes around this weekend. If I have time tonight after getting things ready for our trip this weekend (I’m meeting some college friends for dinner tomorrow night so I won’t have time to do it then), then I’ll work on it again. I have to say I’m kinda enjoying putting the scrapbook together.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    I will be interested to hear what you think of the multiples group. I'm not much of a 'group' joiner myself, so curious to hear what you think. Also let me know if you find out some good day care tips (especially interested in they day care vs. nanny cost question).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home