Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Childbirth Prep Class # 1 (26 weeks 2 days)

The first class of the Childbirth Prep class was pretty good though some of it was stuff that they talked about at the multiples class I went to at UW. All of the couples went around and introduced themselves and said how the pregnancy was going so far. Pretty much every woman there has some discomfort, including the biggest one – heartburn. We wondered exactly how many Tums a pregnant woman can take…of course, for me, my OB doesn’t want me taking Tums (though I occasionally do since it works so fast) but instead I should take Zantac. If I remember to take Zantac before my dinner, I don’t wake up with horrible heartburn in the middle of the night. If I forget though, Zantac doesn’t work fast enough, so I take Tums.

I noticed that I had, what seemed to be, the biggest tummy there despite being the one with the last due date in the group. Some women were due in May and my tummy looked bigger. One of the ladies there last night was also in my exercise class and she told me that she was thinking before she saw my face and recognized me that she thought for sure I was further along than she was, but then she saw my face and remembered that my husband and I are having twins. I don’t feel huge, but I certainly look bigger than the women with singletons. Yikes – can you only imagine how huge I’m going to be when this is all done? I’m curious how much longer I’ll be sitting at my desk at work!

One thing that the teacher mentioned was that she plans to have a party for everyone to get together again 4-6 weeks after the due date of the couple with the last due date (that would be us). That should be fun. That’s something that I think the multiples class should have done. Speaking of, I got an e-mail the other day from one of the members of the multiples class I went to and she went to 39 ½ weeks with her twins – I thought that 38 weeks was the max for twins, but I guess not! Her sons are quite cute!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM , Blogger Kirsten said...

    Hi there,
    I found your blog through Keeping the Faith and just wanted to stop in and say hi to another twin mommy!
    I've only read a few of your entries so far but wanted to tell you that I, too, will be choosing a daycare for our twins. I'm sorry that someone made you feel bad for making that choice but you have to do what is best for your family. I have a job that I love and I just have never seen myself as a stay-at-home mom, before or after infertility. It's just who I am! If there's one thing I'm trying to learn, it's to block out hurtful things that people say because only my husband & I can make the decisions for our family and what anyone else would have done doesn't really matter. Sorry for the rant, it just makes me mad when people are so judgemental and insist on imposing their views on others when it comes to such a personal matter. There is no set of offical rules for parenthood!
    Oh, and you look so cute in your 24 week picture! I'm about a month behind you so I'm excited to see how my belly will grow in the coming weeks : )
    Wishing you all the best with your two blessings!
    Kirsten

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger OHN said...

    Wow, I am away from the computer for a couple days and all hell breaks loose on your blog!

    An honest to goodness Jerry Springer show!

    Unreal that some folks have to slam total strangers to feel good about themselves...very sad way to live!

    I am kinda surprised about the Tums...I was told to take them for the calcium since I am not a dairy lover.

    Prepare to get even bigger :) I could balance a cafeteria tray on my belly and I only had one in there :)

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    Curious to know why your doc told you not to take tums. I haven't asked my doc about it.

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    We have kidney issues that run through our family and seem to intensify during pregnancy. I have four kids and I had kidney issues with every single pregnancy. Since the stones were mostly calcium stones, heather OB recommended staying away from tums.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home