Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Better (25 weeks 1 day)

I just want to clarify something regarding yesterday’s post – there was not just one person that said all of that – it is combination of many different comments from many different people.

I’m doing better today than yesterday. I did go home last night and found that the tears still wanted to come out, so I let them…maybe a little too much as it caused to start coughing and eventually throw up.

Thank you to everyone who commented – I really appreciate it. By the time I got home, I was in a really dark place but I eventually pulled myself together and started to feel positive again. My husband wasn’t home so he didn’t witness any of this, but I did tell him about it. It was really nice to be reassured by him.

After a while, I decided to spend my night by starting to put together my scrapbook. I probably should have been getting the baby’s room ready or going through the clothes I plan to bring over to Spokane to see if my sister wants any of it, but I just wanted to sit on the couch and do something not requiring too much thought (and I wanted to get a good chunk of it done before we went over to Spokane for my shower). So I got a good start on the scrapbook. I put together the first few pages (sorta – I needed a glue sticks to keep everything in place – probably got too many when I was at the nearby Cos*tco) and I ordered some pictures to be picked up at the Cos*tco. Tonight, I hope to be able to put more of it together when I get home after meeting with a law school friend for dinner. We’ll see how things go. There are a bunch of other things I could do before we leave for the long weekend (I get Good Friday off and I took Monday off too).

In other news, a couple friends of mine (one of which who is planning a baby shower for me) had their 2nd child via C-section last night. The baby is a big boy at 11 pounds and 24 ½ inches long! I’m looking forward to meeting the new edition to their family.

Well, that’s about it for today. I’m feeling a lot better today (though by no means less freaked out in getting things done). Perhaps a weekend away from the house will do me good – though I will miss my furbabies a lot!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM , Blogger OHN said...

    I am so glad your outlook is a little brighter today. It is so so hard. I remember the night 2 weeks before I was to go back to work. I sat in our rocker and rocked our son (whom we adopted at 3 weeks of age) and I sat there just sobbing. I didn't want to go back to work..we had waited sooo long to be parents. When I talked to my husband and some friends it all seemed to fall into place and I knew that I could figure something out. I did. It was right for me and probably wouldn't be for everyone but I knew that my education and career would still be there in 6 months so I actually offered to watch a friends baby at my house while SHE went back to work. I know with twins that would be almost impossible but what about looking for a caregiver that would come to your house and seeing if you could work from home 1-2 days a week? I am sure you have already thought of these options but it never hurts to brainstorm.

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    Yowza! 11 lbs?? Good thing it was a c/s!! LOL

    Sorry I missed your other post and didn't comment earlier. Staying at home is great for kids, but it's waaay more important that they have loving parents and you guys fit that bill to a tee.

    The room will get done eventually. What doesn't get done before they're here, well, maybe it's not needed? Just write down all the stuff you want/need to get done (and xls is probably better) and then sort them out by what's going to take longer (so you start earlier) and what's more important. The stuff at the end of the list is gravy, if you get to it great, if not oh well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home