Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 16, 2007

Ultrasound Appointment (27 weeks)

I got back from my ultrasound appointment this morning about an hour ago. Both babies are doing really well (the boy is at 2 lbs 15 ounces - 96th percentile - and the girl is at 2 lbs 9 ounces - 69th percentile).

The only possible problem right now is that my cervix is at 2 cm when it was at 3.5 just 3 1/2 weeks ago. The radiologist called my doctor's office and he was told that they wanted to see me right away, so I went to go see my OB for an emergency visit. She told me not to panic and said that this is within normal but she would have rather liked it to happen at 30 weeks as opposed to 27 weeks. I am freaked out despite being told not to panic. She checked my cervix and she said had she not known of the ultrasound, she would think everything is alright. However, she is going to do some test (can't remember what she called it) tomorrow to determine if I will possibly go into preterm labor in the next couple weeks. She said there is a possibility I will be put on bedrest, but we will find out for sure tomorrow after the test results come back. I also have the glucose test tomorrow too. My husband can't go with me tomorrow, and I really wish he could.

I'll blog tomorrow when I know more. I came into work
today just to get things ready in case I am put on bedrest soon.

The shower this weekend was really fun. There were so many people there and I got to see a support group buddy I haven't seen in 5 months. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in a little less than a couple weeks. The rest of the weekend was good. We got some stuff at the multiples sale and some stuff from my brother-in-law and his wife. We hung out with them, then went to Tacoma to hang out with the rest of the family there was my mother-in-law was involved in a car accident earlier that morning - she's doing fine. Sunday, I spent cleaning up the house and then going out to dinner with some friends. It was a good weekend.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    It is never good when they say "don't panic." It is like telling you you should panic, but it isn't allowed. I hope everything goes well!

     
  • At 7:43 PM , Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

    Sending good thoughts your way. Stay in there, babies!

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Crossing my fingers and everything else that things go well with the next test.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home