Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

27 weeks 2 days

Now that I am some time to breath from all the work I have to do, I thought I would give a longer update on things.

I forgot to mention that the babies are still in their favorite cozy positions – our son is in the transverse position (though he scooted his head to be by his sister’s) and our daughter is in a breech position. The OB is definitely thinking this is leaning toward a c-section but there’s still time to see them move! I’m preparing myself for a c-section though. One other thing about the ultrasound, we got to see our son swallowing some amniotic fluid! Our daughter was being a little stubborn and not moving her little butt when the tech was trying to measure my cervix so she had to do a trans-vaginal ultrasound with the dil*do cam. I haven’t had a vaginal ultrasound in a long while (not since I ‘graduated’ from the fertility clinic, but it looks like they might be making a come back.

The test I had done yesterday (which Nickie correctly called a FFN) was really, really uncomfortable. She couldn’t use lubricant for the speculum because that could give a false positive and so it was more uncomfortable than the usual pap smear exam. Thankfully, that came back negative, but my OB still wants to see me every week. She didn’t say if I needed to have an ultrasound done every week though – I’m going to ask my doctor’s nurse when she calls back with the glucose test results (as I forgot to ask when she called yesterday). Speaking of the glucose test – the drink wasn’t so bad in the beginning but about half of the way through the drink, I was starting to feel sick from all that sugar! I so hope I pass this test so I don’t have to do the 3 hour one.

In other news, I don’t know if it was all the pokes and prodding I had done in the last 2 days or something else, but my pelvic area is feeling crampy and a bit of pressure as if something is about to burst forth. The FFN test is supposedly 99% accurate, so that is reassuring, but I am still a little nervous considering how I’m feeling right now. I’m hoping it is just because of the pokes and prods that I’m feeling this way. A friend of mine, who is a doctor, said that my OB might put me on bedrest despite the test coming back negative – I guess I will find out more next Tuesday when I see her again. I wish I could go home right now and lay down, but I took the vanpool this morning as today was the only day I didn’t have to drive into work – now I wish I had drove myself into work.

I’m a little nervous about being put on bedrest since I really wanted to have those (nearly) 4 months at home with the twins and if I’m on bedrest, I will have to shorten that time as I can’t take too much unpaid time off. Of course, I am going to do anything and everything to make sure these babies are born as late as possible (I’m hoping for 36 weeks – I was hoping for 37, but 36 seems like the more reasonable goal), but I just hope that I can make it a while longer before being put on bedrest.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

    Congrats on reaching the 3rd trimester!! Does your pregnancy seem to be going as fast as mine? We are going ahead and planning for a c-section for me. I've gone back and forth but I just don't want to risk having one vaginally and tearing and then having to have a c-section for the other and healing in both places. I'm nervous about it but I've been talking to lots of moms that had them and they all said it wasn't so bad.
    Glad things are going well and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make it to 36 or 37 weeks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home