Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 09, 2007

Class & Other Stuff

TGIF. I still have half a day left, and I just don’t know if I’m going to make it. I didn’t get home until about 10:20 last night (which is late for me these days) – the class was supposed to end at 9:30, but it went a bit longer. Last night’s multiples class was on care of newborn twins (or other multiples) – it was a good class – she gave a bunch of handouts that I plan to read on the way home in the vanpool. She talked about stuff that we would need and how to recognize post-partum depression. She said that if you were prone to depression beforehand, then you have a higher chance of post-partum depression. She also showed us how to swaddle and bathe a newborn and some other stuff too.

While at class, we learned that a fellow classmate had her babies 2 weeks at 32 weeks!!! They weighed 2 pounds 11 ounces and 3 pounds 6 ounces. What tiny babies!!! Then a friend mentioned that her babies are measuring small and she’s been having a lot of contractions and was put on bed rest this past week and may have to continue with bed rest until the end of her pregnancy. She, like myself, would like to continue working until the time of delivery, so this is hard for her though, of course, she wants the best for her babies. I truly hope I am not put on bed rest, but if it’s needed, of course, I will do it!

Tomorrow morning, I’m going to a multiples group sale then after that a person I’m going to someone’s (who works closely with my employer) house in order to go through her baby boy stuff. Unfortunately, my husband can’t come with me so I’ll be going on my own unless I somehow talked any of my friends into going with me. After this, I plan to go home and rest as much as I can though I may try to clean the living room area by going through some magazines and deciding which ones to toss.

Then on Sunday, I’m going out to lunch with a support group friend who had her baby last year. I haven’t seen her since she left the group so it will be really nice to see her again. Hopefully, she brings her baby girl so I can meet her too!

Oh, to answer some questions regarding stair climbing – I can avoid the stairs around here – it’s just that sometimes I forget when I’m with a bunch of people and I just start going up the stairs though most of the time these days, I’m avoiding the stairs.

Oh, and some exciting news (at least to me), what I believe to be my little boy was moving a lot last night – including what felt like hiccups as each movement I felt seemed to be in a regular pattern. I love feeling them move.

O.K. one more thing – when we were at the OB’s yesterday, we got to hear the heartbeats – both babies are doing well thank goodness. She also checked my cervix which is where it is supposed to be. So we got good news yesterday.

Everyone have a good weekend!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    hope your weekend went well and you got some good stuff at the multiples sale!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home