Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 12, 2007

Baby Stuff

I went to the multiples group sale this past weekend, and it is definitely good to be a member because as soon as the general public was let in, it was WAY too crowded. I did manage to find some maternity shirts, as well as a bunch of baby things like receiving blankets, onesies, socks, etc. We even found (well, actually, a friend from my support group found) two little pink and blue hats that said “Baby’s 1st Christmas” on them – our babies will look incredibly cute in these, I’m sure. :-)

After the sale, Jon and I did some other shopping, then I dropped him off at home and I was on my way to North Bend to go look at some baby stuff that our vendors (best way to describe her, I guess) had for us. She had a TON of baby boy clothes from preemie to maybe 18 months or so (I haven’t gone through everything yet). She also had a bouncer seat with a bear on it (which, of course, I love since it has a bear on it), a gate, exercise mat, and some other things. Now, we have so many boy clothes and not nearly that many girl clothes. I spent part of yesterday going through all the clothes to determine what we would need in terms of clothes, and it is looking like we will need more girl clothes and possibly, some preemie size clothing for both the boy and the girl as she didn’t have that much preemie stuff.

I took a picture of everything we have gotten so far and the baby room that is a complete disaster area (though some progress has been made as of yesterday) – maybe I’ll post some of the pics…maybe. Some of my friends may think this is amusing, but one day when my husband and I were out shopping, we found some bibs that said "It's all about me" (name of my other blog that I rarely write in anymore) - of course, we had to get them.

On Sunday, I went to lunch with a support group friend how has a 3-month-old baby girl – what a cutie! We had a good time catching up. She told me about her pregnancy and birth and being a mom after going through infertility. It was a good chat.

This morning, I woke up completely exhausted. I hadn’t got a whole lot of sleep over the weekend due to being uncomfortable, heartburn, acid reflux, etc., so waking up this morning at 6 to go to work was not easy. I was seriously considering staying at home and I probably should have. I got into work and just felt like I was on the verge of a breakdown – if I’m like this now – how am I going to be when the babies come? Then I read about a fellow blogger losing her kitty, and it just made me so sad to read that. Her kitty looks a lot like Oliver, my tuxedo kitty and I know Oliver has been such a wonderful kitty in being super affectionate to me when I needed it. Sophie has been a lot more affectionate lately too. I just couldn’t imagine losing either one of them, so my heart hurts for this person.

Anyway, I talked to one of my bosses about it and she completely understood as she’s been there too. I really appreciate that I have such wonderful and understanding bosses. Now, if only I could go home and take a nap.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home