Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Semi-Venting

You know what sucks about having people you know in "real-life" read this blog? You have no place to vent some of the things you're feeling and thinking (well, except at support group). At any other point in my life, when I didn't have all these emotions bubbling at the service, this wouldn't have bothered me (it is something so petty). After all, it could be seen as my fault, but I guess it goes back to my post from yesterday and what I was saying there. At least, that is the way I feel right now.

That's all I'm going to say about that.


Another thing that is bothering me now is something that really hit a chord with me at my support group meeting tonight. One of the women was mentioning getting close to what her due date would have been had the IVF been successful and continued that way, and it got me to thinking of where I would be had any of my IUIs worked. I could have a 1 year old if the first one had worked. I would have been due in January had the 2nd one worked. I would have been due in April had the 3rd one worked. I hadn't thought about that until now, but I KNOW that when we do our first IVF cycle and I see those embryos - if that doesn't work, that due date will be something I won't be able to forget. After all, seeing those embryos, those are your babies. It will be all the more devastating if it doesn't work then.

Anyway, I should get ready for bed. What a great note to go to bed with, huh?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:35 AM , Blogger Smarshy said...

    Heather - I don't know why the doctors give you the pictures of the embryos with an IVF. That really screwed up my wife. She looked at them - they look just like an ultrasound picture- and the embryos became her "babies". When the IVF didn't work, she felt as though she killed her babies. It's not right.

    My advice - don't ever look at the picture they give you, unless the IVF works and the child is born healthy. For what it's worth, just my opinion.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home