Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 07, 2006

As if I needed this additional stress...

Yesterday, after work, I went to the bank in order to get a cashier’s check to send to the shared risk people. The money from our loan was supposed to be in our savings account, but it wasn’t. The bank tried calling the loan officer we spoke to last week (he’s at a different branch), but they had issues with their phone line, so I offered to call. I went outside the building as I wasn’t getting reception inside to call the loan guy. Well, the extension number I was given wasn’t working. I tried the bank’s main number and got transferred to the guy’s voice mail, or so I thought. I stood there listening to several moments of silence before I hung up and told the lady inside the bank I would just try the next day. So I called the loan guy this morning and actually got his voice mail. He called me back to say that it was his fault that the money hadn’t been placed into savings on Tuesday as it was supposed to (at first, he acted all confused and I got the feeling even last week, he seemed a bit ditzy). So after work today, I’m going back to the bank to get the cashier’s check. The money and the documents are supposed to be into the shared risk people at least 2 weeks prior to starting Lupron – which I assume won’t be for a while as I haven’t started BCPs yet – but what do I know. This is my first IVF – even though I’ve read all about it, I still have no idea of what to expect.

Anyway, that was my fun day yesterday. After we get the check, we’re off to FEDEX/Kinko’s to copy the documents and send them overnight to the shared risk place in NY. Hopefully, that won’t take too long as I told a friend I would take his dog for a walk tonight since he won’t be able to.

Anyway, I’m off to Petco on my lunch break to buy some food for my kitties (that’s one nice thing about driving into work – I can actually leave the area during lunch).

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger T in TO said...

    I'm reading and watching with deep interest. We're considering IVF too after 2 IUI and 3 x Clomid. Thank you for sharing your journey. I hope it's helping you, cuz it's definitely helping me.

     
  • At 2:17 PM , Blogger noela said...

    Ugh, how frustrating. I am hating banks these days.

    The last year or so we have had the WORST experiences with our bank, and we've had them for YEARS.

    Let me tell you, when this mortgage comes up for renewal, we will be taking it over to ING Direct (or elsewhere) so fast, they won't know what hit them.

    I look forward to pulling our mortgage and all of our accounts from them. We have had the most terrible service over the last year!

    I hope your money is already sitting in your account and everything is straightened out. God knows, you don't need another hassle to deal with right now!

    Take care,
    Nilla

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Can we get kitty pictures?

     
  • At 5:36 AM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Sorry about the stress at the bank. It sounds like one of my "bridget jones" days.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home