Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Just blogging...

Our anniversary was nice. We BBQ'd some steaks and some corn on the cob. It was quite yummy. After dinner, we went to go watch some Veronica Mars (love that show!)on DVD. It was a nice, quiet night - which I like.

Yesterday afternoon, I went over to the bank to sign the loan documents (my husband went earlier in the day). The whole thing scares me and angers me. I don't want to get this money out to do IVF, but I don't have much of a choice if I want to get pregnant and have a baby. It just isn't fair. How many times will we say that phrase?

The whole mess with the concert this weekend still hasn't been resolved. Because it is Labor Day weekend and because the concert is sold out, I am unable to find any place for us to stay. I have one last hope and if that doesn't work, we will drive back after the concert. There are still spaces at the campground as well, but my husband doesn't seem too excited to spend $40 to camp there. The concert is at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, WA (real clever name for the city, huh?), which is a little under 3 hours away. I am getting really excited for this show - I'm listening to Dave Matthews Band on my iPod right now, so I'm sure that's increasing the level of my excitement.

Anyway, that's all for now...


UPDATE: We are definitely driving back after the concert, but in the hopes of getting out of there as soon as possible, I purchased premier parking (of which the ticket better show up soon in my e-mail). This purchase also allows us early entry and since we have GA tickets, I want to get in as soon as possible to get a good seat.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    ooo, have fun at the concert!! Have you considered find a room part of the way back instead of driving the full 3 hrs? might be worth a shot?

     
  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

    Enjoy the concert! I hope the drive home isn't too bad. It sucks that all of the hotels were sold out. Bummer!

    Yes- no one should have to pay in order to conceive. We should be saving all of this money for our children's college funds. One should be able to have wonderful, spontaneous sex that results in a positive pregnancy test approx. two weeks later. Does that really happen?

    I guess we should be thankful that we can even obtain a loan and go ahead w/ IVF. The clinic I'm looking at doesn't offer shared risk. So, hold on to the thought that more than likely you'll bring a baby home and if you don't you will get most of the money back. At least you won't be babyless and out all of that money. I know- it still isn't fair. And I say that phrase almost every chance I get.

    Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! I'll be excited to read about your upcoming IVF cycle and protocol. I will be a few months behind you-

    Faith

     
  • At 4:14 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    I looked at hotels along the way - at a town 45 minutes away from the gorge and unfortunately, they were all booked. Sucks! Oh well, I'll still have a good time and I'll just have to caffeinate myself as much as possible for the drive back home.

     
  • At 7:34 AM , Blogger x said...

    You are going to see Dave Mathews? So jealous! As for the loan, I feel your pain. We had to borrow the money as well. Writing the cheque to the clinic is the worst part of it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home