Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 14, 2006

33...and 1 Day

So...here I am at 33 years old. I never thought I would be where I am at this age - apparently, not everything goes according to plan.

Last night, I went to pick up Jon and we went off to dinner at Daniel's Broiler. We decided to splurge, for probably the last time in a long time due to IVF, and go to a fancy, schmancy place for dinner. I had thought we might just BBQ some steaks at home, but a coworker kept talking about this place because she was taking her husband there for his birthday. So I asked Jon if he wanted to go there, and it didn't take much for him say yes since he liked the last time he went there for a bachelor party.

Before we even get into the restaurant, Jon said he had a present for me. He pulled it out of his backpack and showed me a white box - a white box that held a white coffee cup with some little chocolates inside - the coffee cup said HHMI or something like that on it. Now, not that I don't like chocolate and him getting me a cup, but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. :-D

So we go to the restaurant and get seated right away and the hostess asked us if we were celebrating anything, and I told her. She must have told the waiter because he said happy birthday to me when he came by. The food there was so yummy - the steak was really good and the mashed potatoes were really good. Later, the waiter (who was really friendly) came by with a dessert with a candle in it. It was a really nice dinner. I enjoyed it.

After dinner, we came back home (kitties were very excited because they could finally have their dinner) and Jon informed me that there was something in our kitty 'skyscraper'. It was the 2nd season of Lost!!! I don't know how those kitties did it, but that was certainly nice of them to get me that or were they hiding for themselves since it was in the house on their skyscraper? ;-D

Anyway, despite feeling a little on the depressed side yesterday, my birthday turned out very well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger lola said...

    Happy Birthday!!

     
  • At 2:11 AM , Blogger Baby Blues said...

    Belated happy birthday! I'll be turning 30 and celebrating my birthday soon too. But my first IUI just failed and the party I was planning suddenly didn't feel right. I decided to plan a trip with my hubby instead.

    My hubby's been feeling that I've been sulking in the pit of despair. He wants me ta have the party to cheer me up. I was planning to have a party but I'm so scared that a guest might say something that would bring me to tears. Well "it's my party and I'd cry if I want to" right?

    Well, maybe I'll just have dinner with my hubby and family. After all, they're the ones who matter.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home