Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Just Ugh

People frustrate me today. Way back when, I had a discussion with a friend about whether insurance should cover infertility treatments - she, of course, said no for many different reasons - including that insurance already covers too much and not everyone has coverage. Well, this article came out today that she had to point out. I don't know if this whole issue just irritates me or I'm just easily irritated because of the Clomid I'm on (which, thank God, today is the last day of), but I do know I am irritated and frustrated by her e-mail pointing this out. I wish I wasn't. It probably doesn't help that I'm stressed at work with too much stuff to do (I needed to take a break and rant a bit).

I'm also completely anxious about Saturday. This Saturday, I am going to my RE's office for a CD12 ultrasound where I hope to hear that my left side is the more dominant side this time so we can do another IUI. I really hope to hear some good news this weekend!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Good Luck Saturday!

    Sorry your friend was so thoughtless.

    The insurance thing frustrates me too!

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't blame you for being annoyed. It's like she's telling you that your problems are insignificant as compared to those entirely without insurance which is very insensitive. It's like she just slapped you on the wrist for wanting coverage. Ugh!!
    I do hope the ultrasound gives you the good news you neeed!

     
  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger x said...

    I really hope your friend doesn't know you are going through IF treatments. Either way, she is pretty insenstive.

     
  • At 11:07 AM , Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

    hi Heather. thanks for visiting me on my blog. i have added you to my blogroll now. :) nice to meetcha.

    i am also very frustrated by the insurance issue. especially when i have so many foreign friends who are covered for THREE IVF cycles!! i would gladly pay more taxes for better health care in this country.

    good luck on sunday!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home