Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I'm back!

I'm back from my trip (well, I've been back - I just haven't had time to write anything on this blog yet). You can read all about my trip to Chicago, IL and Racine, WI here.

I just wanted to bring up one thing regarding my trip that I kinda mentioned on my other blog linked above, but I left some info out. At the wedding reception, I sat with the groom's coworker and his wife (I will refer to her as K - she's the one who just had a baby and the one I didn't go to her baby shower) and my friend's brother and his wife, son and daughter-in-law (my husband was in the wedding party, so he sat with them). Well, the daughter-in-law is pregnant, so there was a lot of discussion about being pregnant and having a baby. Needless to say, I was not happy with the conversation.

Anyway, the part that I didn't mention in my blog is that K came up to me later that night to tell me she felt bad because she didn't realize until later how insensitive that conversation was (she started the conversation and she does know about our infertililty because she reads my other blog - which I just learned while on this trip). I thought that was really nice of her to say that. I told her that although I really feel uncomfortable with conversations like that and that it does make me sad, I do realize that having a baby is what couples usually do so there are going to be those conversations around me. It still kinda bugs me though.

Speaking of baby showers - I'm sure many of us have encountered this several times, but this is my first time since we started trying to have a child. My boss is throwing a baby shower - during work hours - for my coworker. I don't think there is any way I can get out of going to this one like I did with the other one. What have you done when faced with this situation?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    They did that at my former workplace. We had five girls pg at once (due dates within 6 weeks of each other). IT was a HUGE baby fest. I was not even married at that point but it was still depressing because I already has baby lust.

    I volunteered to be the one that covered work during the party. (Depending on what you do) Is there a job that needs covered while everyone else ceelbrates?

    But that can be depressing too.

    I like the dentist appointment idea. Or what I like to call a mental health day (calling sick when you are not).

    Good Luck whatever you decide.

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger x said...

    sadly, I just grin and bear it. I would rather go to the crappy shower then have everybody talk about why I am not there. I agree with the others though, call in sick if you can.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home