Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 09, 2006

This weekend just sucked for so many reasons...

The weekend started out pretty well. I went over to a friend's house and hung out, chatted, and watched the "Hush" episode of Buffy (one of my favorites) and Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. My husband was having the guys over at our house.

The next day, my husband and I headed to Tacoma to pick up my 16-year-old sister-in-law because we were going to the Mariners game. The weather just sucked. I could barely see as we were driving down I-5 and at one point, we came to a part of I-5 where it seemed all of the water was going to. Luckily, I was able to keep control of the car, but it definitely was a scary moment. I quickly got out of the carpool lane in case there were any more of those lakes on the freeway. We get to Jon's parents house about an hour and a half after we left our house. We went and got some snacks at the store and some cash for later, and headed back to Seattle to be there when the gates open so we could get our "Dan the Man" placards as it was the Dan Wilson Farewell Night (he was the catcher for the Mariners for 12 years)...

DantheMan.JPG

As we were parking our car, we also almost got into another accident when a guy who wasn't paying attention almost hit us as he was backing up. The whole parking situation was just awkward and frustrating.

Before the game started, there was a ceremony (which was kinda boring, but also sweet in some places). Some interesting people came for the ceremony, including Governor Christine Gregoire, Mayor of Seattle Greg Nickels and King County Executive Ron Sims. The big surprise though was that Lou Piniella (former manager of the Mariners) stopped by to say farewell to Dan.

The Mariners lost the game last night. This, I think, is the first sporting game I've been to in quite a while in which the team I was rooting for lost. My winning streak is over.

When we get home, we come back to some really sad news that a friend lost her sister that afternoon. :'-( I can't even imagine, and it breaks my heart to have read such news.

Then today, while my husband was taking my sister-in-law back home, I went upstairs to balance the checkbook. Usually not that bad of a task, but today I found that someone had stolen a check I had written for $300 and washed it and wrote it out to some random person for $998. Needless to say, I was a bit freaked out because I was counting on that money to help pay for some bills that are due soon and to help pay for things while in WI and Chicago. My bank isn't open today for me to ask what I need to do to get my money back, so I can pay the the original bill of $300 and to pay other bills. I have never wanted for a Monday to come so badly!

I did call another bank where we have an account and ask what they do in this situation, and they said that with them, I would get the money back from filing a claim and that they would change our account number. I assume my bank will do the same thing. And hopefully, I won't have to wait too long to get my money back.

And tomorrow, a new person starts in our department that I am in charge of training as she will be taking over my old job. I'm looking forward to not doing my old job anymore, but I don't think I'm looking forward to training someone.

Anyway, that's been my weekend. Next weekend we will be in WI and Chicago!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    I am so sorry you had such a sucky weekend! Blech! May the next one be MUCH better!

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger x said...

    How awful! I am sorry for your friend, it must be awful to lose a sister. I hope you got everything straight with the bank. That would get me pretty upset too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home