Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What? The Resolve CEO said THAT?

I just came across this Newsweek article while reading BrooklynGirl's blog in response to the article. The article is of an interview with Joseph Isaacs, the President and CEO of Resolve.

Some of his answers seemed like something someone would have said several decades ago, not in 2006. He is saying that things like obesity, smoking, alcohol, lack of exercise, etc. are the leading causes of infertility. Really? If I just start exercising, then I'll get pregnant! I just don't know what to say in response to what he said. BrooklynGirl sums it up pretty well, I think.


UPDATE:
: Resolve put out this letter in response, as well as this letter to Newsweek.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It was a very disappointing article to read. I can understand how it happened & Resolve's explanation but the damage is done. The people who may have read the initial interview aren't going to see the follow up letters.

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    Once again, the media is telling us that our infertility is all our fault! I am happy to hear that Resolve is as horrified about this as many people are.

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger x said...

    I saw Brooklyn girls post too and was sickened when I followed the links to the Resolve interview. It's like everybody can say "see, I told you - it's your own fault". Ahhhhh, he better be fired.

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger TiggleBitties said...

    It's a shame that Newsweek edited the article that way. Booooooo!! I didn't know about these articles, thank you for the links. Now all of humanity can point their fingers and say "it's your fault!" Maybe if we spray some resolve on our parts and "RELAX" it is a cure for IF! (getting angry here.lol)

    Thanks for the info!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home