Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 20, 2006

Back to the RE

Later in the day on Saturday, after I wrote that last post, AF decided to show up for sure. Spotting became a whole lot more. She was here. So it was officially CD1 on Saturday. It turns out my fever had not gone away like I had thought. So the cycle ended up being 30 days long - I'm not sure I ovulated at all this last cycle.

Anyway, because today was CD3, I went into my RE's office. She wanted me to come in for some bloodwork - test FSH and Estradiol again (waiting for the results) - and for an ultrasound (which looked good). I actually didn't get to see my RE this afternoon, but the person I did see talked to her about what they think my next step should be. Apparently, after what happened last cycle with my eggs not being anywhere close to mature on Day 12, she thinks I should do the Clomid Challenge with 100mg each day on Days 5-9. Then back for more bloodwork on Day 10 and an ultrasound on Day 12. I asked her why she wants to do this since I've done Clomid before and she said Dr. Uhlir wants to do it as a diagnostic test and this time, with a higher dosage (when I did it before - last time was Nov. 2004ish). She said if my eggs mature when they are supposed to, we could do an IUI this cycle. Right now, I don't think I want to do an IUI this cycle, but if my estradiol numbers come back good, then maybe?

I'm not looking forward to being on Clomid again. It wasn't my favorite thing, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help me get pregnant.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry to hear you have to do the clomid challenge. I hope it isn't too bad.

     
  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    Good luck with Clomid. I hope you don't have a lot of side effects.

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Blogger TiggleBitties said...

    Good Luck with the Clomid hun. It isn't my favorite either, but I agree, we do what we have to do. :(

    Good Luck!! You're in my thoughts.

     
  • At 6:41 AM , Blogger MoMo said...

    Hi...I've been reading your blog and I am new here...but I just want to say good luck with the clomid....I hope you don't get too much side effects...I was on it for 4 months and let's just say it wasn't my favorite.

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger x said...

    I've never done clomid but it sounds like a challenge. Best of luck on this next cycle, hopefully the side effects are minimal.

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    good luck and hang in there . . .

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home