Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sad...

So I had an ultrasound this morning and she found one follicle on the right side that was at 18, and then two on the left side - one was at 14 and the other at 10. I asked her whether she thinks we should do an IUI this cycle, and she said that she doesn't think it would be a good use of our money considering that the right side is the dominant side this cycle. I asked her about the "blocked" tube, and she said "that is what we are working with" - in that, she's working with the idea that it is blocked based on what the fact that the dye still wasn't coming out on its own. And I do agree with her in that if the right side
is dominant, it wouldn't make sense for me to spend money on something that probably won't work.

She said I should try Clomid again next cycle, and maybe the left side will be the dominant side and we could try an IUI if we want. I think she sensed my disappointment because that's when she said that we should feel hopeful because she really thinks that she can get me pregnant because the estrogen and FSH levels were where they are supposed to be, my ovaries looked good, and because I'm "only" 32.

Even though she was saying these things, I have to say I was really
disappointed to hear that the right side was the dominant side this cycle. It just feels like it is always the right side that's dominant and the left side just doesn't seem to want to work as hard. Although I wasn't planning on doing an IUI this cycle, I was starting to really want to after my appointment last Monday when the idea was put forward, so I am disappointed that we aren't. More than disappointed really. It's so frustrating because although we are taking steps to get pregnant, I don't feel like we're moving forward at all.

So I'll go back again at the beginning of the next cycle for an ultrasound and for the Clomid, then back again mid cycle for another ultrasound to see what my body does that cycle.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Coloratura said...

    Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by my blog... and sorry to hear your cycle was not what you wanted it to be... I know that feeling, believe me... :(

    But your husband is right: once you are pregnant, you will be happy, even through all the nausea and worry. Even though I only made it to 9.5weeks, it was the best 9.5weeks of my life. Just the idea that I had a baby growing inside was the best feeling in the world!

    And I also agree with your doc: being 32 is waaaaay better than trying to pregnant at my age (41!) - so count yourself really lucky there.

    I wish you the most luck in the world in achieving your dream of pregnancy... I read a LOT of IF blogs, so I'll all yours to my growing list.

    In the trenches with ya'....

     
  • At 4:52 PM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    I'm sorry you're not doing IUI this cycle. *hugs*

     
  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger x said...

    You had your hopes up for an IUI cycle, I would have bee sad too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home