Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2006

A Needle Weekend

My weekend was just full of fun (some truth and some sarcasm in that statement)!

First of all, this past Friday night, I went out to this bar in the U-District of Seattle to celebrate a friend's b-day. This part was fun. It was just the girls and we all just sat around having a few drinks and chatting. It was a good time. On the way home, I took my friend's fiancee (of which she is now a friend) home, and we chatted about the whole infertility thing. I just met her a few months ago, and we never really talked about this stuff before as she really just moved here to Seattle.

Anyway, I'm rambling. She had a hysterectomy at age 24 due to cancer so she will be unable to conceive. It was a good conversation. Hopefully, we can get together soon to chat about things some more. It will be nice to have a real life person (along with my support group) to talk to about things.

On Saturday, I went to the RE's office for some bloodwork. Have I mentioned that I hate needles? (I have no idea how I'm going to react to all the shots for IVF.)They always have the hardest time finding a vein to use. When he eventually found it, he jabbed in there and it HURT! I now have a lovely bruise on my arm. It did not make me especially comfortable when he was trying to take my blood that he did not get enough sleep and was partying the night before (his words).

Anyway, they were checking the FSH and Estrogen levels - both of which were normal. So it is looking like my problem really is that blocked tube - though that doesn't excuse the left side - it should be just fine. We'll see if it is ovulating this cycle when I go in on the 27th. I really hope that it is.

After that, I went to my acupuncture appointment. It was a good appointment, but for the first time since I've been going to acupuncture, I have the loveliest bruise on my tummy. And what's funny is that I didn't even notice it until my husband pointed it out, and after that, of course, it started to bug me.

Last night, my husband and I were invited to this club/concert hall to see a friend of a friend sing. It was a really nice club. I had never been in this club before. The food was nice, the service was great (very attentive and when they accidentally threw away our leftovers, they made us brand new dishes to take home!), and the entertainment was great!

It was a good weekend, though I'm looking forward to next weekend when I have absolutely nothing planned. That will be soooo nice!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So glad you had at least a bit of fun during the weekend.
    Sorry to hear about the blood draw difficulty. I have tricky veins and usually it takes a few tries to get it done. Very annoying.

     
  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger x said...

    I am not really keen on the needle part either, I got lucky and only have 2 weeks worth of needles in my protocol.
    I agree with you about enjoying "nothing planned" weekends, those are my favorites.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home