Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Good Stuff

I just thought I would mention some happy things on this blog for a change! My husband and I started dating 10 years ago yesterday - we've been married for close to 7 1/2 of those years. He proposed to me 8 years ago yesterday. I can't believe we've been together for 10 years. It just seems like yesterday we were all nervous around each other, yet so excited to be with each other. He's been such a wonderful husband and friend - he truly is my best friend.

This past Friday night, we went out to celebrate our 10 years together (we had to celebrate a day early because we went to a b-day party yesterday). We went out to dinner to this place called Bick's. It was a nice restaurant, but I just thought the food was o.k. There is this woman in my vanpool who can't get enough of this place. Maybe I just had the wrong dish.

Anyway, we had decided to exchange small gifts with each other for the 10 years together and for an early Valentine's Day gift. I got him this book he wanted called Collapse by Jared Diamond and some chocolates. He got me The Spiderwick Chronicles that I've been wanting for a while after a friend recommended them.

On Saturday night, we went to the birthday party. We joined some friends at The Tin Hat for some dinner and drinks in celebration of bitterkat's b-day. It was good food, though I really want to try their tacos after all the talk I hear about them but they only have them on Tuesdays and I have my support group on Tuesdays. After eating and drinking, we went to bitterkat's place to watch everyone's favorite scenes from movies or tv shows that we liked. I played a scene from The Incredibles and one from Office Space. I had a couple from Say Anything and another from The Incredibles, but I'll have to save those for next time. It was a good idea for us to do this - it was fun!

This morning, I ventured out of the house and exercised (!) - which I'm trying to do more of. It was a really nice day in Seattle. I walked around Greenlake with the friend who commented on my infertility & insurance post on my other blog. I wanted to bring it up with her, but I just couldn't. I just didn't know what to say and I really didn't want to get upset with all of Seattle walking around Greenlake with us. My husband was also there, but he ran around Greenlake with another friend of ours.

I haven't really done much after that. I was invited to a baby shower today, but I didn't go because of all the shittiness that we're going through with infertility. I'm happy for this person, but I just wish I could be there alongside with her in pregnancy.

Anyway, that's my weekend. Why are weekends so short? I really need another day off...or two.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like a great weekend with friends even if the food was less than stellar.
    Good for you for getting in some exercise - I should probably have done the same.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home