Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Of course...

On the ride home from work tonight, a woman in my vanpool mentioned that she's pregnant. They started trying about 6 months ago and of course, she's pregnant - about 5 weeks. I knew she would be. She seems to get whatever she wants. Plus, last week when she kept complaining of not feeling well, I just had a feeling that she was pregnant. She knows that we're trying and she said she was afraid to tell me.


Although I'm happy for her, I am also really upset. Today of all days she tells me. I know she didn't know that today was CD1 but today when I have AF visiting to give me that physical reminder that I am STILL not pregnant - just UGH!!!
What is going to upset/annoy me even more is that she talks about herself ALL THE TIME and now(!), now(!), I get to hear her talk for the next several months about her pregnancy. And she will talk about it constantly just like she talks about everything else in her life constantly. And my husband pointed out that after she has the baby, I get to look forward to her talking about her baby. I do appreciate that I have my iPod to listen to - which reminds me, I should charge it for tomorrow.

Update: On the way home from work on Friday, she made sure to tell me that she got a phone call from her doctor telling her that she is now 4 and 1/2 weeks pregnant. Thanks for letting me know!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:48 AM , Blogger x said...

    I really hate being told "I was scared to tell you". That makes the whole thing worse.
    The worst time to hear about a pg is during AF, what awful timing!
    Get that ipod charged asap.

     
  • At 6:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ugh. Why is that the drive-by pregnancy announcements never fail to fall on CD1?
    Keep the ipod charged!

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    Ugh ugh ugh. Definitely have the iPOD handy all the time!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home