Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Insurance Coverage & Friends

I mentioned the other day how upset I was with a friend's comment on my other blog about whether or not insurance should be mandated to cover infertility treatments. I knew that most of my friends would disagree with me yet I still got upset with what was said.

Over the past couple days, I have talked (well, really e-mailed) with this person. I was really emotional on Saturday when I first read her comments. I think it really didn't matter what she said, I was going to get upset. This whole infertility things just sucks, and just thinking about what my husband and I will have to go through to have a family when other have it so easy really frustrates me and saddens me and I will be emotional about it whenever the subject comes up. Some days are better than others.

Right now, she is being a good friend. Although she disagrees with me, she is listening to me and trying to help me come up with ways for us to save up the money for IVF so we can do it as soon as possible. I do appreciate that. Hopefully, we'll have most of the money by the end of the year. I don't think I'll be able to do this more than once - emotionally and physically (I don't know how some of you women manage to do IVF multiple times - I've been reading The Infertility Survival Handbook to read more about it and I was just freaking out with all the shots you have to do - I HATE needles).

At this point in time, I would love to try it as much time as it takes, but I know that isn't a possibility. If it doesn't work, which I hope to God that it does, then we will probably move onto adoption. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind by then. After all, just a few short months ago, I didn't think I would want to try IVF just because it is such a risk. Such a huge gamble. But I want to experience pregnancy, so if it doesn't work the first time, which I have to hope that it will, maybe I will want to try again. I guess I won't know until we get to that point.

As I write this, AF is just a little bit away. I can feel it. The cramps are getting worse. I do feel a little sad about it, but since I knew there wasn't any chance of it happening this month anyway, I don't feel as sad as I usually am.

Well, that's all for today.

Oh, I almost forgot. My husband did get me something else for Valentine's Day. He got me another man! ;-D He got me Jon Stewart's book from a few years back called "Naked Pictures of Famous People". I love Jon Stewart - well, I love The Daily Show - my husband knows me so well!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    I don't think people who have never undergone infertility actually understands how devastating and empty infertility can be. Leave them to their opinions, sticks and stones, what is more important is focussing on having your baby. Take care.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home