Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ultrasound - CD12

I went to have an ultrasound this morning to see if I was ovulating at all and if I was, what side I was ovulating on. Well, the good news is that I'm ovulating on my own and the doctor said that my ovaries look good. The bad news, at least for this month, is that I'm ovulating from the right side. That isn't going to do me much good since that side is the one with the blocked tube. Plus, she said that it doesn't look like I'll be having a 28 day cycle - it will just a bit longer - though not nearly the 39 or 44 days I've had in the past.

Part of me is sad because I was hoping that it would be the left side this month and I would be relieved because I could, in theory, get pregnant. It would be a relief to know that my left side is actually working now rather than waiting until next cycle to, I hope, find out that it is. She did say that the left ovary looks healthy, so it could just be the left side is taking this month off.

Part of me is relieved because that means this month when AF comes, I won't be too sad because after all, there was no chance it could happen this month. I'll probably be a little sad though...

We'll be going back for another ultrasound next cycle to see if, I hope, that I'm ovulating from the left side. Also, if this cycle is anywhere between 28-30 days, I might go and do the Day 3 testing next cycle, but it really depends on the length of this cycle.

Oh, also my thyroid, ferratin, and other hormones came back normal. The only hormone that came back abnormal is prolactin - once again, it is slightly elevated. The doctor said to give the acupuncture another month to work and then test my prolactin levels again next cycle or whenever I come back for more bloodwork.

Anyway, that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home