Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 23, 2006

Doctor's Appointment

Today Jon and I went to the RE for a discussion. Basically, she told me what I already knew she would say. IVF would be our best option. She said that there are 3 reasons I'm probably not getting pregnant: 1) Stupid blocked tube; 2) Cycles are all over the place; or 3) Unexplained. That last one isn't a reason really.

Anyway, she said that she feels another IUI wouldn't be beneficial and may even be a waste of our money. She suggested seeing what happens with the acupuncture in the next couple cycles as the last cycle was as close to normal as it has been in a very, very long time. She suggested that I then come back for some more testing on Day 3 of my cycle (aka CD3) (she also took some blood today in which I looked away but still felt like I would pass out or throw up - I really hate giving blood). If I'm still not getting pregnant when my cycles are normal, then there is probably something else going on.

Basically, what it comes to, is that we will probably try IVF at some point - as soon as we've saved up the money to do so. I thought, at one point, I didn't want to do that because it is just so uncertain even though my doctor told us we have a 50% chance of it working. I thought I wouldn't want to gamble with that much money, but I want to experience pregnancy!

We will be getting a second opinion at some point, but I have a good feeling that the other doctor will say the same thing that my current doctor said.

It really angers and saddens me that I even have to contemplate IVF. All I want is to be a normal woman - one who can get pregnant without any drugs or outside help of any kind. It is completely frustrating to me that I have to basically bet $15,000 on whether or not I'll get pregnant.

Well, I think that is all what the doctor said. Oh, I'm also having an ultrasound on Sunday to see if the left side is even ovulating. Have I mentioned that I hate this? I really do hate that I have to go through all of this!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    Sending hugs. No one wants to use ART to get pregnant. No one chose infertility. It's unfair.

    I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    thank you so much ladybug ann for your comments. I really do appreciate it!

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger erinberry said...

    Doesn't it seem absolutely insane that most women get pregnant for FREE and quickly?!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home