Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend of One on One

This weekend, I got to do some really fun things with each of my kids.

Friday evening, I took Nicholas to the library with me to drop off books, then we played at the playground there for a while. Then I took him shopping (that wasn't really fun but it was still one on one time). He enjoyed spending his time in the sand pit (something he would do again at a different park on Sunday).

Saturday

Saturday morning, we took the kids to their swim lessons. Thankfully, Benjamin got in the pool this time! They seemed to have enjoyed themselves. Nicholas, on the other hand, defintely enjoyed himself. He was doing a little doggie paddling in the pool. This time, instead of being in the pool with him, Jon went in so I could watch (and so I wouldn't need to wash my hair again before going to my next social event).

In the afternoon, I went to a friend's baby shower while Jon took the kids blueberry picking. They also got to look at some farm animals - they told me how they had fed the goat.

When they got home, I took Ella to the movie theater for her to see her first movie in a theater. We went to go see Kung Fu Panda 2. Most of the time, she was telling me she wanted to go home (probably because she was tired and not because of the movie). She did enjoy the popcorn though.

Then on Sunday, we went to church, then out to a picnic lunch with a couple friends and their almost 20 month old son. Nicholas liked the sand pit. Ella and Benjamin did too, though Benjamin also seemed to like just hanging on the blanket too.

Then that afternoon, I took Benjamin to see the Everett Aquasox game (the Mariners are too expensive when they play popular teams). I think he enjoyed it at lot. He watched the game, ate a hot dog, then went on an inflatable slide, ate some ice cream that came in a cute little baseball cap and then got to run around the bases after the game. I tried to get Benjamin to run on the bases by himself but he wasn't doing it so I ran with him (of course, I didn't mind that at all - though it isn't quite the same as when you are at Safeco Field).

A very busy weekend but it was definitely fun. I didn't get a lot of chores done, but we had a lot of fun. And an extra bonus is that one of the ladies at the church gave us some size 6 clothes for Ella and Ella was really enjoying the fairy costume. There are some really cute dresses in there too that I am so jealous of Ella's wardrobe!

Well, that's it for now. This coming weekend, we are going to a 40th birthday party of a friend of Jon's from high school that promises to have a bouncy house for the kids. We haven't seen this friend since we were going through IVF so it will be his first meeting our kids and our first meeting his son. Also, I plan to take Benjamin to a movie in the future and Ella to a baseball game because they both want to and well, so do I!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home