Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Another Long Overdue Update

I can't seem to get myself motivated to blog anymore, but I should so I have some record of the cuteness my kids do and say... as well as the trials and tribulations in being a parent.

In order of birth...

First, Ella -

I guess this isn't so much cute as it is hooray! Ella is doing very well with potty training. I trust her not to pee in her underwear when we go out. However, she REFUSES to go poo in the potty and will just dance around when she needs to go until we give her a pull-up for nighttime. I don't know what to do to encourage her that going #2 in the potty is a good thing. Any suggestions are very much welcome on what we can do to encourage her.

Anyway, onto the cute things. One morning she told me that I shouldn't go to work. She wanted me to stay at home. She cried about it. I really didn't want to go to work after that - more so than I normally do. Then another night I was off to my book club meeting and she insisted that she go with me, so she did. She was extra shy girl (as I expected) but she was very good. And she came on a good night as one of the ladies brought cookies and cupcakes to celebrate another person's birthday! I wanted to have some one on one time with my kids as we haven't done that in a while, so I'm glad Ella and I got this opportunity to hang out together.

Ella is so cute with all her babies and her animals. She has to have about a million things on her bed before she can go to sleep. O.K. maybe I'm exaggerating but not by much. She has about 4 babies (one of which is a Bart Simpson doll that she says is the daddy), 2 cats, a couple dogs, a bull and a few other things. I really should take a picture. After she has all this stuff on her bed just so, I ask her where she plans to sleep and she look around her bed where there is no room and says "right here" as she moves stuff away.


Next, Benjamin

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I heard Benjamin and Ella laughing so I listened in on their conversation as I brushed my teeth. Benjamin was saying things like "Benjamin and Ella, go to bed!" Laughter. Then "Benjamin & Ella, lay down in your bed!" Squeals of laughter. So, our children are making fun of us...

Benjamin is doing o.k. with potty training. He isn't to the point of me trusting him to stay dry, but we're getting there. He will do both in the potty - just not on a consistent basis. I hope to have him fully trained by 3 1/2 (which is in 7 months).

About a week ago, I was coming out of the bedroom or something, and Benjamin says to me "mommy, I had chocolate." I asked him, "did you ask me if you could have some?" He says "no." Then I tell him "next time, you need to ask me if you can have some." He looked so saddened because he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. I moved the chocolates to a different place...though I wonder if I should keep it in the same place and see if he asks me next time or just does it quietly.


And last, but not least - Nicholas

He is 14 months now and says momma, waves hi, and says no (says that last one quite clearly). He says a bunch of things as if he talking one big long sentence, but it doesn't make any sense. He understands a lot more than what he can say and can understand simple instructions. We have started to wean him from his pacifier and well, it hurts me to hear him scream like that. However, last night, he had the entertainment of his siblings (they were making fun of us after all), so he didn't scream so much last night.

Before leaving the room last night, Jon put Nicholas into Benjamin's bed and He. Was. In. Heaven. He just kicked his legs all around and squealed with delight. It was so cute. He did seem more happy in Benjamin's bed than in Ella's bed. He definitely is so happy when his siblings include him in things and play with him.

A few nights ago, Nicholas came up to me from behind and hugged me and said something so softly - I choose to believe that he was saying "I Love You!" :-D


Ben & Ella will be 3 in just over a month. How did the time go by so quickly?!?! I'm trying to figure out what to do for their birthday. We will probably have a party at our house, but I'll need to pick a theme. Most likely Dora as that is all they want to watch these days - especially the Little Lamb episode. We are also going on a Thomas the Train ride in July that is part of their birthday present. I'm looking forward to that as they talk about going on the train or the bus all the time.

I am also in the middle of transitioning to a new pediatrician. Our old one is just fine, except sometimes I feel like she doesn't really listen to my concerns; their parking garage sucks for big vehicles like ours; and their billing practices are extremely annoying. Oh, and our favorite NP left to go to another state. So after some asking around, we found a new place. I just need to get everything sent over to the new place so I can make an appointment for N's 15 month checkup and B & E's 3 year checkup. I also finally got around to making a doctor appointment for myself. I haven't had a full physical in years. I was prompted to do so by 2 of my friends learning they have cancer (one breast and the other colon). However, I still need to make an appointment with my OB/GYN for that exam and to schedule my first mammogram. She said to wait until 6 months after breastfeeding ended and that's coming up.

Well, that's all. This has been long enough and I don't even know if anyone reads this anymore.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I still read. Please let us know is you figure out how to get Ella to go poopy on the potty. I am having the same issue with my daughter.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home