Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Ben & Ella tidbits

Benjamin REALLY loves the Leap Frog toys he got for Christmas from my parents. He will be happy to sit there for a long time playing with those things. That includes sitting on the potty. Now, if he'd only go in the potty.

If anyone has potty training advice, please help as I'm not sure what to do to encourage both of them to use the potty more.

Anyway, both of them have started being possessive over their parents - they will say "my mommy" or "my papa" or even over their siblings. One night last week, though, Ella said "my papa is home!!!" and Benjamin replies with "No, that's my papa! THAT'S your mommy!" Huh - apparently, at that moment, Benjamin didn't want to have possession over me. Just papa.

The other night, Benjamin wanted me to give him another cookie. He screamed and yelled and I told him no. Eventually, he backed down and realized that his screaming and his tears were not going to sway me. However, let me tell you how hard that was not to give in.

Ella really likes playing with her baby dolls. She has taken to rocking her babies to sleep. A friend of ours recently adopted a newborn and named him Andre. Ella has now started calling her baby Andre. A little while later, Benjamin thought that was a good idea and did the same though he says his baby is a girl. Ella also talks to her babies in that high-pitched voice. It's funny. Last night, I caught Benjamin doing the same - I think that's the first I heard him talk like that and tell the baby it was time to change its diaper. Oh, and actually, I think he was talking to a Beanie Baby bear too. :-D

Things that they like to play with these days - playdoh; coloring (and Ella folds up her papers and then gives them to me or Jon - I have one such drawing up on my wall at work); Leap Frog toys; babies; toy that are for Nicholas. Ella also like to help feed Nicholas still. She can get rather upset sometimes if she is not able to help.

Anyway, that's about it for now. More later as I think of them and have time to write!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:15 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    I think the best idea about potty training is to have them sit on the potty every two hours in the beginning even if you are out running errands. I learned where all the clean'ish potties were for all our errand running. Also, don't make it a question, "Do you have to go potty?" Make it a happy statement, "It's time to go potty!" If it's a question, they will always say no. If they are reluctant because they are busy playing remind them they can come back to play as soon as they are done. We also eventually went the giving of a few M&Ms to our daughter if she successfully went on the potty. Let's see what we end up doing with the boys when they get old enough. I go with whatever works!

     
  • At 7:34 AM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    thanks, Heather. We were just starting to try the M&Ms trick. Hopefully that works better than stickers!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home