Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Nicholas - 1 year checkup

I feel bad - I need to write about my kids more.

Jon took Nicholas into the doctor's office this past Friday for his 1 year checkup. He's a bit of a small guy.

His weight is only 20 lbs 11 ounces. A coworker's 6 month old weighs more than he does. That brings him to the 35th percentile.

His height is 29 inches (30th percentile).

He is in the 94th percentile for his cute head though. 19 3/4 head cir.

They said they aren't worried - he's just taking longer to get to his growth spurts - though I still worry. I know not every child is the same, but I guess I expected him to be like his brother. He was always in the 80-90th percentiles.

Poor guy probably got my genes for height.

Next checkup is at 15 months. I hope to find another pediatrician because I have many gripes about our current place. There's a place nearby that was recommended to us from a coworker so I think we may go check that place out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:34 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Nicholas doesn't sound that little! My Liam just had his 9 month check and he was 16 lbs 12 oz. Granted his twin brother was 19 lbs 12 oz, but I think Liam is just fine. The ped did say she would like us to encourage Liam to eat more, but she's not our usual ped who we will be seeing next time and I don't think she'll be concerned. We were told Liam was in the 5% for weight, but he's just got such a smaller build than his brother. He's built just like me and my family and we're all on the light side. I don't like telling people my weight because they don't realize I have a very light frame so it's just different.

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    I guess he just seems little because he is so different from Benjamin. Benjamin was in the 85-90 percentiles.

    Nicholas hasn't been gaining weight as quickly as Benjamin did.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home