Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Potty training

Oh, the joy that is potty training.

Ella is doing really well at home and at school. I am so proud of her. She still pees her diaper at night, but during the day, she seems to be getting the hang of it. Sohad, our daycare/preschool teacher, said that Ella is about 50% there. She surprised me last night when she said she had to go pee. She just went over to her potty, pulled own her pants and went pee. Before I knew it, she was asking me to put her pee into the toilet so we could flush it! Hooray for Ella!

Benjamin - well, he's taking a little longer. He seems to want to do a lot of things Ella does and will look to her to see what she is doing before doing something, but not when it comes to potty training. He will sit on the potty and he has gone a few times, but I don't think he quite understands the feeling yet when he needs to go - (though he does do the potty dance). I do wonder if it is because that Ella has older girls at the daycare to model her behavior on and Benjamin doesn't have an older boy.

We'll see. I know that boys take longer with this than girls do, but I do hope that Benjamin will start to do this more because of Ella and perhaps Nicholas will be trained earlier because of his older siblings.

I am just so anxious to be done with diapers!!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home