Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Fun in the Sun & Baby Update

Well, Friday night I went off to the library book sale and got myself a few books – a lot of them were on my amazon wish list and I got them for $1.00 each!

Saturday morning, I went to the sale the Eastside multiples group has every 6 months and got my children some summer clothes – and Benjamin some 18 month (yes, 18 months) shirts that will go over his head. Some 12 month stuff works o.k. if it has a lot of buttons – like the button down shirts – but even the onesies or other shirts are getting a little too snug to get on him in that size. That afternoon, we took advantage of the nice weather (supposedly, it got up to around 78 degrees or so) and had a picnic at Magnuson Park and wandered around there for a bit. Here are some pictures that a friend of mine took while were there. I have to point out this one with all four of us though. :-D



Ella had fun climbing all over Kaylee, another friend’s German shepherd, but she did not think the grass was all that fun. It was almost like there was an invisible barrier where the blanket ended and the grass begun. She went on the grass for a little bit, but soon made it clear that she did not like the grass. She did, however, enjoy eating a daisy. I thought she was chewing on a puff, but no, it was a daisy. I should have known it was something besides a puff when she had this disgusted look on her face.

Benjamin had a fun time in the grass - he kicked his legs, pulled up on the grass and stared at the daisies. He enjoyed walking around too. There was a time there he was upset because he was hungry, but I think he had a good time. He even took a little nap (he hadn’t taken a good nap all day, so he was due anyway).

Sunday morning, we took a walk to a park nearby our house - both babies enjoyed swinging in the infant swings, but it started to get too cold so we headed back home. Later that day, Ella went to a few different places with Jon while Benjamin and I hung out at home. We started this plan of on even days, if one of us has to go somewhere, we take the same sex baby, but if it is an odd day, then we take the opposite sex baby. It seems to be working out o.k. Though I didn’t take them to the book sale (near bedtime for them) or to the sale on Saturday (way too crowded to take a baby – though some people did).

In other news – Ella is so funny. I don’t think she likes her knees on the hardwoods so much or she really wants to walk already, but her new way of transportation is to crawl on her hands and feet. I took a few pictures, so hopefully, I’ll upload soon.

Benjamin is also developing a new skill. He’s starting to get up on his hands and knees! He’s pushing that butt up to get up there, so maybe soon, we’ll have two mobile babies! That’ll be interesting times, I’m sure.

Anyway, that’s about all it for now!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That will be fun to ahve each baby go in opposite directions!!

    Trina

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home