Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 17, 2008

weekend & baby talk

After we told the doctor on Friday that Ella doesn't talk nearly as much as her brother and that Benjamin hates tummy time, what do they do? Ella starts talking more (a lot of time with the dadada sound but sometimes other sounds) and Benjamin stays on his tummy for longer than 2 seconds. He actually tried to get up onto his hands and knees - he stuck out his butt a little. And when that wasn't working, he rolled all over our livingroom. He seemed to actually be enjoying it. Ella is getting very good at crawling.

Saturday afternoon, Jon's mom came over to watch Ben & Ella for us so we could go out to dinner with some friends to celebrate one friend's birthday. I'm so glad we did that because taking Ben & Ella into that crowded restaurant would have been a pain. Plus, Benjamin was sleeping when we left.

On Sunday, we had a couple friends over for some dinner and pie. It was nice to chat with them since I didn't get to the night before (actually, I didn't get to chat with a lot of my friends as we were at a different table from most of them) and well, we don't go out too much these days.

Oh, and last night, we brushed their teeth for the first time. Well, Benjamin doesn't have any, so we brushed his gums. I think he thought it was ticklish. And Ella was o.k. with it until she wanted to play with the toothbrush, so I let her stick the toothbrush in her own mouth.

This weekend, we also started finger foods with the babies. They don't quite get it and will start to gag at times. They don't even get yet that they need to pick up the food and put it in their mouths. We'll keep trying though. Anyone have any good tips for this? We also tried the sippy cups, but they don't quite understand that either. Benjamin kinda got it, but not for long.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Ella knows when I'm about to leave. This morning, I handed her over to Jon and I put on my coat and picked up my bag and she started fussing. :-(

This weekend we are making our first trip over to Spokane with Benjamin & Ella. I'm a little nervous about the ride over, but it should be o.k. We'll take plenty of breaks to let them stretch their legs and for us to do the same. It will be nice to see everyone and for my extended family to finally meet my babies! My parents and siblings haven't seen them since they were 3 months old!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    Actually I haven;t seen them since after they were born. Chad and Ryan did at 3 months, but not me.:(

    What kind of finger foods are you giving them?

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Kerry Lynn said...

    ugh, finger foods. It's been a very slow process over here. At this point they both pick up food and put it in their mouth but it took a long time to get there. As far as what they will eat is a whole other story. They both love grilled cheese, garden burgers, grapes (quartered), banana (they take bites right from it :-)). It took a very long time to build up to all of that though. It's been frustrating for me. I find that they need to practice eating a particular food at least 3 times before they will eat it willingly.
    Good luck and just keep trying.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home