Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

7 Random Things Meme

I was tagged by a couple bloggers to do this meme – Shannon and Alli. I'm just now getting around to doing it.



7 random things about me:



1. Since it's snowing outside right now (or at least it was when I first wrote this on Friday, March 28), I thought I would say I like to see the snow come down, but I don't like so much being out in it. I really don't like the cold all that much. However, I will go out in the snow if my children want to.

2. I work around 24 miles away from my home. I really wished I either lived closer to work or worked closer to home. Since I doubt I'll be able to afford a house in the city I work in, I'll have to find a job closer to home. Someday I will get my resume updated. I guess it isn't that much of a priority. I do like my job most days (though not today so much).

3. Like a coworker of mine, I'm starting to want to read books, and then quickly watch the movie that was based on the book to do a comparison. The longer I wait, the more likely I'll forget certain events in the book. That may be a good thing though. Last night, I watched The Nanny Diaries. I had read that book about 3 years ago.

4. My goal for this year is to read 52 books. So far, I'm on track to make that happen. Right now, I'm reading this month's book club pick of the Barren Bitches Book BrigadeThe Mistress's Daughter by A.M. Homes. I'm about halfway through it already – it goes by rather fast. Any recommendations for books to read?

5. I have ganglion cysts in both of my wrists – thankfully, neither one is currently bothering me.

6. I like to check the traffic before I go home just to have a rough idea how long the commute might be, but I don't really need to listen to it on my way home. The main driver of my vanpool seems obsessed with listening to the traffic – which means he turns on the radio every 10 minutes to listen to it "on the 4s". Sometimes he keeps the radio on for a while and I start to listen to a story, then he'll turn it off right in the middle of the story. It drives me crazy! Speaking of my vanpool – we have a bigger van these days which means when it is full, we are no longer packed in there like sardines. Yay!

7. I like basketball o.k., but I really don’t get into to it that much until March Madness rolls around. For some reason, I just get all caught up in it. And how great is it that for the first time in the history of the tournament, the four #1 seeds are meeting in the Final Four! My husband wants me to root for UNC because his boss is a HUGE Tarheel fan, but I may have to root for a Pac-10 team – UCLA! However, I did fill out a bracket and had UNC winning the whole thing against UCLA.

I'm not going to tag anyone in particular today - if you want to complete it, it would be fun to read more about you!

Oh, and Alli, my homepage at home is news.google.com. :-D

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home