Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend & More

This weekend brought some new skills for Ella. On Saturday, she figured out how to get back to a sitting position after she’s been crawling somewhere. She also pulled herself to her knees using the couch. Then the next day, she pulled herself to her feet using the couch and starting cruising along the couch until she got to the end and got down to crawl. And, of course, she’s pulling herself up in her crib – well, at least to her knees. I haven’t seen her get to her feet there…yet.

Benjamin keeps saying “momma, mommmmmaaaa, mommmmmm”. It’s so cute! We got some video of him saying it. He hasn’t picked up any new skills over the weekend, but he is trying. I’ve seen him push his butt into the air a few times. Oh, but the other day he did get onto his tummy and pushed himself backwards quite a ways before I made him go back to his starting point. He was not happy with that – he made it all that way!

Over the weekend, I took Benjamin to Target and then onto the library. This trip was a lot better than last time we went to Target. Benjamin was a happy camper throughout the time at the store. That might be because I got him something to play with. I got him a little soft car to play with while we were in the store. I didn’t notice until we got to the checkout that he had put the tag into his mouth, chewed on the tag and tore it off the car. Luckily, I remember we had it just a few moments before, so I went to go get it to buy it. And this time, they had the lamp I wanted and it wasn’t broken this time! Yay! Let there be light in my living room!

The next day, Ella and I went to the grocery store and got some food for the week and for the play date we were about to have. Ella seemed to really enjoy being in the store – she was so cute. Unfortunately, out of the 4 women from my support group who said that they would come, only one was able to make it due to issues with their children. I was so looking forward to seeing them and their babies, but I guess life with babies can be rather unpredictable at times. One friend has a daughter who refuses to take a nap in her bed, but would rather pull herself up to a stand in her crib and cries because she can’t get back down. Anyone have any helpful ideas? I’m sure I’ll be there myself very soon.

Oh, and my sister will be happy with this – they LOVE the “shake your booty” song. If they are fussy – I just need to pick them up and sing that song, and they calm down (most times).

This coming weekend is going to be a busy one – on Saturday, there is the Seattle multiples sale, Ben & Ella are going to their first wedding, and a friend is having a concert (and Jon is helping with that)- check out her music! Then on Sunday, we have a play date with a friend of ours that has 2 children – one of which has his 1st birthday on Wednesday. Speaking of birthdays, my sister’s birthday is tomorrow. Happy birthday, Trina! Lucky her, she’s going to Vegas this week for a few days without her 4 kids!

Alright, that’s all for now.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    So I am a little confused about your paragraph about shopping with Ben. So he ripped off the tag and you went back to get it and buy it b/c he ripped off the tag? I am just not understanding the sequence of events there.

    Yay for the lamp!!

    And yay for the shake your booty song!!

    I have spent all day making sure my house is clean and the dogs cannot get into anything while they are home alone. But I guess cleaning my house for the payoff of going to Vegas is fair. ;D

     
  • At 2:15 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    To clarify. Benjamin ripped off the tag. He just had the tag in his hands, but not the toy. The toy got left behind in the last section we were in. We went back to get it. I picked it up off the floor and gave the toy and the tag to the cashier so I could pay for it telling her that he had ripped off the tag. Does that clarify things?

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you forgot that Mr. B knows how to turn on his "jungle sounds" toy in his crib, and doesn't stay in one orientation whilst sleeping anymore.

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are suppose to say Yay for the Grandma that stayed with the 4 kids while the mom and dad went to Vegas.After all I did survive the kedacomo attack. MooMa

     
  • At 10:10 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    Way to go on surviving the Kedacomo attack! :-D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home