Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Natural Childbirth & Baby Eye Issues

The other day, I asked for opinions on information on trustbirth’s website, then today, I found this article about a film on natural childbirth – meaning childbirth in the home, not just a birth without drugs.

I’m all for couples giving birth wherever they feel comfortable. I definitely feel like I needed to be in the hospital to have my babies – I don’t see how my babies would have come out on their own based on the positions they were in. I do wish I could have delivered them vaginally, but a c-section what was needed to get them out safely and that’s what is most important.


Speaking of my babies, both of them seem to have some sort of eye infection. The doctor, when speaking with Jon over the phone, thought it was probably a blocked tear duct, but because I would feel more comfortable if she actually saw the babies in person, Jon is taking them to the doctor this afternoon. Unfortunately, I can’t go because I have no way of getting there without a car. Hopefully, everything is o.k. Ella’s eyes looked so puffy and swollen this morning. My poor little girl. Benjamin’s eyes looked o.k. – maybe a little red – but mostly o.k. I’m anxious to hear what the doctor thinks after she sees them in person.

In other news, yet another person has asked me if my babies are identical after they learn they are a boy and a girl. This was from a person at my dentist’s office.

Tonight, I will be on my own with the babies – hopefully, they aren’t too cranky or cranky at all really. Jon is going to a friend’s daughter’s concert tonight.

Well, that’s all for now.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, identical boy girl twins are possible. I highly doubt that any of the people who ask about it are aware of the specific and EXTREMELY unlikely chain of events that can cause it though. If they were, they wouldn't ask. I still have a hard time comprehending it.

    Too bad about the pink eye. :-(

    Hopefully it's not the zombie type. ;-)

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    I know that it's possible (as I learned from watching that National Geographic show about it), but it's so rare and people just don't think when they ask about it.

    I like Kerry Lynn's answer - if only I was that brave to say it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home