Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Singing to Babies

For those who have had c-sections, does your scar just randomly hurt sometimes? Mine does - perhaps I just moved in a weird way or something.

Sometimes when I look at a picture of my babies, I'm just amazed I'm their mother...that I'm a mother to anyone.

I'm looking at this picture of Ella and Benjamin with Santa, and I think - Ella is my beautiful girl and Benjamin is my handsome dude. That reminds me - one song that they both seem to like is my own version of "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston (and apparently, many others). It goes something like (though the lyrics change sometimes)...

"Beautiful Girl
Ella is a Beautiful Girl.
She is the cutest baby girl
in this whole wide world,
of that I am sure."

Then I'll turn to Benjamin and sing

"Handsome Dude
Benjamin's a handsome dude
He is the cutest baby boy
in this whole wide world
of that I am sure."

They both just smile when I sing that, especially Ella.

There are many other songs I'll use the melody for and substitute my own words - always the lyrics have to include Benjamin and Ella. They seem to like me singing to them.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Caba said...

    That just made me laugh, cause I'm totally with you. Sometimes I catch myself in the mirror holding one of mine and think "Oh my god, I'm someone's mother!". It's such a crazy thing!

    And the singing! I make up the craziest songs, and they just love it. My husband always laughs at me. The things we do for a smile, right?

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Blogger Nurse Lochia said...

    I noticed that my c-sec scar would ache from time to time and was even a little tender to touch for about 6 months after. But after that, I didn't notice it at all. I talked to a few people who also had c-sections and they said they had the same thing happen. Not sure why, though.

     
  • At 9:24 AM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    I sang to my kids too and the funny thing is that they still remember some of the songs that we made up. especially our "shake you booty" one! not sure if you know that one, but I will be teaching it to my niece and nephew!! ;P

    Hugs!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home