Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 02, 2007

Daycare Day 1

Yesterday, Benjamin and Ella had their first day at daycare. And wouldn't you know that traffic ended up sucking again and this time I can blame it all on Bill Clinton and the Sonics. Bill Clinton was in town lecturing and signing his book and the Sonics had their home opener - are the Sonics moving to OK anytime soon like they keep threatening to do?

Anyway, I got there about 5:45-5:50 - just before the 6 p.m. cut-off when the daycare starts charging by the minute! I knocked on the door - I wasn't sure if I should knock or just walk in - it's a home daycare so I knocked and waited for the door to open. I came in and went downstairs to where the daycare is and saw my children being held by the daycare provider and a helper. I said hi to Ella and she smiled so big at me! Aawww!!! I then picked her up and said hi to Benjamin - he just looked at me.

I asked the daycare person how things went and she said that they were good babies. Ella took short little nap and Benjamin took longer naps. Benjamin didn't really cry, while Ella would all of a sudden cry, but would be calmed down when being paid attention to or held. All of this sounds normal for them. Both of them, per Jon, were very interested in their new surroundings. Apparently, there were 4 girls that were super excited that there were TWO babies! So adorable! By the time I got there, there was only one child there.

When we got home, Ella was really tired. It was an exciting day - she probably felt the need to stay awake as much as possible so she didn't miss anything. She took a nap when we got home - a good size one too and she still went to sleep a little before 8 and slept mostly through the night (Jon got up once to give her the pacifier and she went back to sleep).

While Ella slept, Benjamin and I hung out. Benjamin was super excited to tell me all about his day - he couldn't stop talking. I've never seen him talk so much. Usually, Ella is the chatterbox. It was just so cute listening to him tell me all about his day. (Benjamin slept pretty much the entire night too - though he did wake up about 11:30, but fell right back to sleep in my arms. I gave him a pacifier and he went back to sleep).

Later, Ella woke up and Jon and I were changing their diapers, Ella began to tell us all about her day. She is so cute when she gets into chatterbox mode. And if you turn away, she seems to wait until you come back.

Well, that's day 1. I'm a little less anxious about them being at the daycare, but I still wish it was me or Jon that could take care of them. Please, please, please let traffic be great tonight.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So glad to hear their first day at daycare went so well! Yay!

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger OHN said...

    I don't know if it will ease your worries at all...but for several years when I was between careers, I provided home day care for several families and those kids got all the love and attention from me that they would have gotten at home. I loved playing with them, having them talk to me, "helping" me fold laundry and all the stuff that a SAHM does while they were along for the ride. We had a boatload of educational toys that were my kids and they were allowed an occasional viewing of Barn*y or whatever their parents allowed. When I decided that it was time that I was finished with that part of my life and get a "real" job, I am sure I missed the kids more than they missed me (though the parents were kind enough to say that wasn't true). I hope your caregiver loves B&E as much as I loved my little ones...if so, they are in very good hands :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home