Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Freaking out again...

First, some good news. My friend from my support group who is adopting shared the news that their baby boy was born on Monday, February 12. I am so incredibly happy for them!

Now - this is not necessarily bad news, but it is freaking me out. I got a voice mail from my OB yesterday - unfortunately, I was meeting with HR at the time, so I missed the call - she said that everything looks fine with both babies except Twin A (our baby girl), her umbilical cord is inserted to the marginal area of the placenta rather than the central area. She said there is nothing to be concerned about, but they will keep an eye on her weight gain as the pregnancy progresses. I left a message for my OB to call me back as I have additional questions about this. I know she said to not be concerned, but how could I not? I want both of my babies to be healthy!

In other news, I talked to HR yesterday about maternity leave. The nice thing about my place of employement is that I get a full 13 weeks paid time off (1 of those weeks is from vacation or sick time). I will get full paid during that time. If I was put on bedrest for any reason, maternity leave would start at that time. If 13 weeks passes and I want more time off before my doctor releases me and I don't have vacation or sick time to use, then I will get paid 60% until the doctor releases me to come back to work. That seems really nice - if only I could get more because I'm having twins! ;-D

Also, Nickie and I were talking about this the other day of whether my employer offers private room to use the breast pump, and they do, so that's also a good thing (though one of the rooms listed doesn't seem very private to me).

Well, that's all for today. Perhaps I'll post again once I hear from the doctor.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    Sorry for the scary news on the cord attachment. If the cord is a 3 vessel cord (I'm sure it is or they would have told you) that's where the growth restriction is more of an issue.

    Great news on the lactation room too! Sounds like the insurance is great too.

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    I shouldn't be on the phone while typing a comment.

    I meant to say that if the cord is NOT 3 vessels that the growth can be restricted. I'm sure she'll grow just fine and it's good that they'll be monitoring her closely too.

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    I hope everything progresses fine. It hasn't been a problem has it? I mean, she is a good size now, right?

    Well, prayers never hurt...

     
  • At 8:24 AM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    I hope all goes well with Twin A.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home