Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Update

I spoke to the doctor yesterday afternoon and she said that marginal insertion of the umbilical cord is common. They will just monitor the babies closely (as they would with twins) to make sure both are getting the nutrition they need. She said that sometimes they do not even know of this type of insertion until after the placenta is delivered. She told me to try not to worry.

I do feel better after talking to her and after e-mailing a doctor friend. I'm not so much freaking out now.

I wanted to ask my OB about the pain I feel down in my crotch (sorry for using that word), but she called when I was in the vanpool so that question will just have to wait until I see her next Friday.

In other news, I'm not certain, but I may have felt them (or one of them) move. It didn't feel like tickling like I've heard it described as. It just felt like some type of rolling - but the thing is, I also felt it in my back. Hmm, I just wish I knew for sure.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It could have been one of them rolling over and stretching? maybe that is why you felt it in your back too?

    that is good about the umbilical cord. you had me worried there!!

    *hugs*
    trina

     
  • At 7:04 PM , Blogger Runergirl said...

    I'm so glad that the umbilical issue was explained and that it is not serious!

     
  • At 1:24 PM , Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

    The first time I felt one of the twins moved, it was like someone popped a piece of popcorn in my belly :-)

    I cannot even tell you how excited I am that you're having b/g twins.

    I think if they're monitoring every week, you can breathe easier.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home