Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 29, 2007

Start of the 16th week

Today marks the 16th week of my pregnancy - wow!!!

Weekends go by way too fast. Saturday, we went out to breakfast with a couple friends who were trying to fatten me up (since I need to start gaining more weight - this will be the only time I actually want to gain weight). After that, my husband and I went to go visit my sister-in-law on Saturday in Tacoma. We came back and moved the bed out of our "guest room" to make room for furniture we will be purchasing sometime soon for the nursery. The bed is now downstairs ready for whenever my brother comes to live with us.

Then on Sunday, we were lazy, but eventually, my husband went to the school to study with his class buddies while I went shopping. I didn't go to any consignment stores this weekend like I had planned. I just went to Target and bought these cute little onesies that were on sale. I don't know what I'm having, but the supposed boy ones could be unisex in my opinion and well, the girl ones, if we don't end up having a girl, I have a support group buddy who I know is having twin girls. The onesies are so cute! However, the smallest size they had was for a 6 month old. I assume we'll use them eventually.

I also recycled a bunch of magazines this weekend - our recycle bin will be quite full when it comes to recycling day.

In other news, I've been having some pelvic pain in the vaginal area. I've been told this is normal by my coworkers who have been pregnant, but I'm kinda freaked by it. It hurts more when I'm walking around which is unfortunate since I need to be walking around. I walked over to the pet store for lunch today and things seemed o.k. then, but it hurt quite a bit this morning. I'm going to be calling my doctor to see what she has to say.

I'm officially not wearing my wedding ring anymore - my fingers are too bloated. I was looking for a "fake" ring that I could wear, but the smallest sizes I could find were a size 7 and well, that's too big for me so I guess I will be going ringless for a while. My finger feels so naked!

And finally, I received some sad news last night from my husband's friend from college of whom I've been e-mailing - she found out last Friday that she had miscarried. She seems to be handling it well, but I know this has got to be a very hard thing to go through.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Runergirl said...

    AWESOME!! WEEK 16!!! I remember at about that time I started feeling better and got a lot of energy. I also remember that nagging pain in my pelvis too. The babies are just getting bigger:)

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    So sorry to hear about your friend, it just sucks.

    I remember with my son that my ring stopped fitting by 20wks, so you're about on schedule for a twin pg. I hope you find a fake one soon, I know I hated not having something on my hand, I got the oddest looks from little old ladies.

    Doesn't it feel like just a few short weeks ago that we got the good news? Seems so odd to be in the 17th week already!

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger OHN said...

    Week 16 is when all my pukey feelings went away--yippee! I too had the pain in the pelvis and across my hips...natures way of getting you ready for getting that little guy out of there!

    Oh--my kids were wearing 6 month size when they were 2 weeks old...don't count on the store sizes to be right on target ;)

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    Hooray for week 16!

    I am sorry to hear about your friend. M/c is common, yet never easy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home