Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 15, 2007

Many various things

Just thought I would post something and update everyone on how things are going. For the most part, things are going well. I'm still pretty tired all the time, but I'm thinking the nausea is starting to subside a little (I did throw up the other day though - after brushing my teeth, of course). Today is the first day of the 2nd trimester - woo hoo, so I hope to see more of that energy everyone talks about and the nausea goes away for good!

Other than that, I'm trying to figure things out on where I'm going to put things that are currently in the room that the babies will go in (once we move them out of our room - they won't be sleeping on our bed, but in a crib or bassinet). I also need to start looking at child care options - it would be really nice if I could find someone I know and feel comfortable with to watch them once my husband and I are back at work, but we'll see how that goes.

I'm waiting until after we know the gender of the babies to get furniture and put together a registry more than I already have (I've kinda already started at a couple different places). We have our next OB appointment on the 24th, so I'm hoping we will have an ultrasound that day so we can maybe determine what gender these babies are. Although, of course, we want two healthy babies, I would love to have one boy and one girl.

To answer Erin's question, we are planning to deliver at Swedish. I've heard a lot of great things about that place, so that's where we're going. However, UW seems to be the only one nearby me that offers classes on pregnancy with and taking care of multiples. We are taking a few classes at Swedish too.

Speaking of multiples, did anyone watch the National Geographic Channel show last night called "In the Womb: Multiples"? My husband and I watched it this morning, and it was really interesting. I am so curious how these babies will act in the womb with each other. Will they fight or play like the babies on the show?

Last night, my husband and I had dinner with two other couples. Both of the women were in my support group and are both pregnant - one with twins. One of the other ladies with twins couldn't make it (I assume because of the bad roads some of the area around here still has - I actually slid today when turning into my driveway - I hate that). The woman that is pregnant with twins had this cute shirt on last night and I want it. I went to the store where she said a friend of hers got it for her and they were out, but they'll call me when they have more. I thought about ordering it online, but I'll just wait until the store has it.

Well, that's about it for now. :-)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    I got the "What's Kickin'?" shirt from there. I like the idea of cute, witty pg shirts unlike the ones from when I was a kid. You know, the ones with BABY and the big arrow pointing down to the belly? Um, duh! I particularly like the ones now that say "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant."

    On a similar but side note, my BF had identical girls in Sept and for xmas, I sent them onsies that each say on them, "Stop copying me!" Still makes me chuckle thinking about it!! LOL

    So, you slid a bit getting into your driveway? My street has 3 in of ice on it and the rest of town is the same. I've literally only left the house once since last Wed. and I slid most of the way then. I'm so over this weather!

    g/l at your appt on the 24th. I have one on Friday where I have to convince my OB not to make me do the 1-hr GD test again until 22wks. He wants me to do it again now - yuck!

     
  • At 10:42 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Love the shirt! It sounds like you are in a great place right now. Very excited for you!

     
  • At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    There are alot of cute T's on that website! I especially like the one that is for hubby : " I'm the milkman." funny!

    why didn't they have cute t's like that when I was pregnant? Gah!

    I like the "babyfat" one too.

    hope your weather gets better. did you hear that is snowed in texas? now you know our system is out of wak and I am not buying the "el nino" thing anymore!

    <3 ya!
    Trina!

     
  • At 1:58 PM , Blogger Watson said...

    I am so glad your nausea is better. And congrats on starting the 2nd trimester!

    :-)

    I love that website, I popped over there and ordered the 'haute momma' tee for my sister.

     
  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    My friend with the triplets dressed her girls up as peas for their first Halloween and then made their wagon into a pod. It was SO cute.

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi,

    Multiples, this is something I am thinking a lot about as we go into IVF and have to decide embreyo putback amounts etc.

    Is there a way to know if you would cope? or do we just do it naturally? cope I mean ??

    I have a link on my blog for printing out your own fun maternity shirts. You could always try making your own designs.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home