Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 22, 2007

Dad & More

My dad got to come home yesterday. He is still puffy, but he is feeling better. He was told to make an appointment for the kidney biopsy at a different hospital in Spokane, so I'm not sure when that's taking place now. My mom is also doing o.k.

On another topic, I want to start writing more on my blog so I have a better journal as I go through this pregnancy. I would like to write on this blog every day, but we'll see how that goes.

So lately I've been having a lot of aches in pains, particularly in my hips. Sometimes the aches in the hip feel like spasms. I've been told that this is normal, but to check with the doctor anyway. Thank goodness my appointment is this Wednesday.

I hope that they will do an ultrasound this Wednesday, but I've been told by numerous people that they don't do it every time. I'm hoping I can talk the OB into it if she isn't already planning to do one as I'm anxious to see them again (and well, I kinda want to see if they can tell what the genders of the two babies are - any guesses? I'm thinking one boy and one girl).

Another symptom I've noticed lately is stuffy noses and occassionally blood in the nose. So far, it hasn't been a "bloody nose", but there has been blood that my husband asked me the other night if I have a bloody nose. It's weird because I had no idea that this was a side effect.

Oh, and of course, I seem to have gotten pregnancy baby brain syndrome - I cannot think of the simplest words! Last night, I was talking to some friends about hair color, and I mentioned that my hair salon I go to says I have "dark blonde" hair - well, it's seems brown to me, but whatever. Anyway, a friend said that my hair looked blonde on the ends maybe due to summer? And I replied that no, it was because I had my hair...umm, you know, umm... colored!!! a while back and haven't had it colored in a while so that is why I have lovely grey hairs sticking out everywhere. She said to me "welcome to pregnancy". I've heard it only gets worse.

This past weekend, I've been trying to be an organizing maniac. I've organized (mostly) the downstairs room with the help of my husband, and also our linen closet in the bathroom. I've still got more to do downstairs so we can move the guest bed downstairs (where my brother may be staying until he finds a place of his own - he is supposedly coming in April after he turns 21), and then once that's done, I can clean up the current guest room and turn it into the nursery. I'm looking forward to decorating it! :-D I hope this weekend, I might be able to go around to a couple consignment stores and look for some furniture (not the cribs as we will buy those brand new). We'll see though.

Well, I think that's all for today's update. I can't think of anything else. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will write something else.

Oh, I've been invited to a baby shower for someone who struggled to get pregnant. I am so excited to go to baby showers now. It's not until mid-February, but it will be so good to enjoy baby showers again.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    Glad the folks are doing ok!

     
  • At 1:32 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

    I truly encourage you to use your blog as a pregnancy journal. I didn't start blogging everyday until I was around 18 weeks, and now I regret that.

    I got a good laugh at your comment about pregnancy baby brain. I am suffering the same fate! I have a degree in journalism, but now I have a hard time putting a sentence together! I go back and read my own blog posts sometimes and it appears that an 8th grader wrote it! Oh well. :)

    As for the hips, mine seem to pop out of joint now. Not fun.

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    I have had the hip popping thing. it is your body getting ready for those babies. your hips have to make room for them to come out! later you will get the joys of the siatic nerve.
    that baby brain stays with you. I swear I have had so many brain fart moments and my baby is 4!

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger OHN said...

    It is common knowledge that when you are pregnant the baby sucks out your brains and makes deposits of fat on body parts that will never ever go away again. I can't believe you didn't know that ;)

    Sadly I couldn't put two intelligent words together till the kids went off to school then it was a slow process to get back to my pre-pregnancy genius.

     
  • At 12:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Glad your parents are doing better. As for the pregnancy brain, my acupuncturist told me that she tells her pregnant patients to take omega 3 fish oil as it helps with that. Just thought I'd pass that tidbit along to you. It's FISH OIL in case you forgot already what its called! hahahaha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home