Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 08, 2006

Trying to not think about it...

This weekend, I kept myself busy so I wouldn't have too much time to think about the fact that I'm in the middle of this 2 week wait.

Friday night - my husband surprised me with dinner and flowers because he said that I'm going through a lot right now. So sweet!

Saturday - In the morning, I walked along the Burke-Gilman trail here in Seattle with a friend and his dog. Then later, my husband and I went to go see Thank You for Smoking (which was good and funny movie - though still not as good as the book). Then later that night, the women in my group of friends got together for a craft night while the guys did their own thing. I finally got around to making a bracelet and a necklace with the beads I bought a couple (or so) months ago.

Sunday - In the morning, I walked around Greenlake with a couple friends. Then later that night, my husband and I went to a potluck with the women from my support group and their husbands. It was a really fun night. My husband was a little nervous about going, but he said he had a good time though he wished we weren't a part of this club anymore. I have to agree. I really love being with these women and I will be happy when one of us gets pregnant, but I will also be sad because I don't want to see them go. It's a strange feeling.

Oh, and one more thing. Fertility Friend now thinks I ovulated Wednesday, May 3 - the day after the IUI. So I hope that's good news for us.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Distractions are good. There's not much else you can do but just hope time doesn't come to a complete standstill. Good luck!

     
  • At 9:03 PM , Blogger Rhea said...

    Good luck on the journey! Keep me posted!

     
  • At 10:18 AM , Blogger x said...

    The only advice I have is to do whatever YOU want. My hubbie hates American Idol but I watch it during the 2ww because it is a mindless distraction. Anything that is a disctraction is good.
    I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best.

     
  • At 12:58 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Those sound like good ways to pass the time! Hang in there!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home