Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

1 Week Down...

It is now 1 week after the IUI. Only another week (or so) to go.

Just now, I saw vanpool girl and for the first time, I noticed that she is now showing. I guess I just don't notice it while we're in the van. I'm listening to that Train song over and over again today. I don't know why vanpool girl's "bump" bothers me, but it does. Like the Train song says, "I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me."


Speaking of, I might be getting together with a friend this weekend who knows all about the IUI and has been so supportive - and you know what's interesting about this? She's a new friend - I just met her last August! And I met her through another friend of whom she just married. I think the reason I told her about the IUI is that she can get what all of us are going through and she doesn't look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about certain things. She can't get pregnant because she had cancer a little over 5 years ago and she had to have a hysterectomy. I can't even imagine what's it's been like for her, and she has said she can't imagine what's it's like for me. Yet, we can understand each other. I just feel so happy she has been brought into my life.

Her and her husband are looking into adoption to make their family dreams come true.

Thank you to everyone for your advice. I really do appreciate it!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:35 AM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    Good luck, Heather.

    Please smack vangirl if she obssessively rubs her belly in front of you.

     
  • At 11:19 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    Hang in there . . . that week will feel r e a l l y long . . . but it WILL pass! I am waiting right along side of you.

    Good Luck!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home